New trucker, new truck..big oil leak

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Gix1k, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Chubby Fly

Chubby Fly Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2019
    Also, go on eBay and get a inspection cover for that trans. You don’t want dirt dust and debri getting all in that hand hole

Gix1k Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lowboy456

Lowboy456 Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Around here drivers I know work for 18.50 an hr and get 1099'd.

I ran asphalt for 16 hrs on the clock once. That didn't include the 1hr over there and back. That was a tedious slow apartment complex, day spent mostly waiting.
    That's rare but there are plenty of 12 and 14's on asphalt on the clock.
    One time I ran asphalt all day and had a 2.5 hr drive home. That's getting close to not being worth it. I spent 160 dollars in fuel that day.

Its pretty normal to spend 12 hrs minimum in the truck in the Summer and I don't mind doing it for myself but I wouldn't like doing it for 18.50 for someone else and getting 1099'd. Winter slows down to 2 and 3 days a week if it rains.

About the only way I can get enough work to survive is to work for established hauling companies who always want to grab a fee out of the pay which is understandable. The real short change I get is being handed demo jobs that people don't want in their nice new trucks. You know torn out street curb's and type1 boulders, shot rock etc. Loaded with a gentle hoe its not so bad.

Type 1 boulders loaded out of a pay loader will punch holes in your bed. And some companies don't want to pay for a ton of rock dust in the bottom of your bed for a cushion. Most loaders will sneak you a little rock dust or crusher run in the bed and it just gets billed as type1.

Once I had to go to the scales and get a separate ticket for 2 tons of dust then go back and get type1 boulders come back and weigh again. The job was awesome down in South Ga driving in on a 3000 acre farm, i'm talking serious boondocks country. The contractor was fixing a washed out pipe in a river bank.
    They let us go early because they didn't want to pay for the rock dust cushion.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    Itsbrokeagain Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.