New York Truck Travel Ban

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by JonJon78, Nov 16, 2022.

1. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2022
    Sad part is we just need the idiots off the road. Probably do better to keep cars off the interstates and let us go.

Blue jeans, HoundDog7, ducnut and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    They shut the road down anymore to cover their ##### from lawsuits. Nothing more nothing less.

4. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Current update from NYSP.

Screenshot_20221117-150303_Facebook.jpg

D.Tibbitt and bzinger Thank this.
  5. zodiacflyer

zodiacflyer Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2014
    The last few pile ups that I have seen, it was ALL trucks. Not a passenger car or pickup in the pile.

6. Tall Mike

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Somebody posted on Facebook "good luck getting the non English speaking flip floppers to abide by this".

I thought that was funny.. :laughing6:

That Buffalo corridor has got to be a mess with all those third world freaks trying to get around.

JonJon78 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  7. Tall Mike

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
  8. mmk trucking

mmk trucking Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2016
  9. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2022
    Most I see have some car doing something stupid to start the chain of events. Doesn't always mean they get caught in the mess but they caused it.

10. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020

I found Upstate NY got plenty snow at times but they plows seemed to keep up,,,never issues. PA had to work at as the “snow plow” there seemed to be shy of the weather.
    Never had to stop due to snow,,just fortunate to always have good weight on.

Tall Mike, JoeyJunk and bzinger Thank this.
  11. zodiacflyer

zodiacflyer Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2014
    You USED to be able to say that about almost all of the crashes, but with some of these ####heads out here now, that is no longer the case. Just yesterday, I had a dude tailgate me so close coming down a grade just East of the TA at Ft Bridger, WY that if I had barely touched the brakes he would ate the back of my trailer. He finally passed me near the bottom, then on the way uphill, I passed him, since I am fairly light. He caught up with me and passed me just before the exit to the TA, and exited from the left lane, almost hitting the dirt patch between the offramp and the right lane. As I passed him, he was leaning out the window yelling and flipping me off. He made the turn toward the fuel islands without stopping, almost hitting another truck that was coming from the other side of 84.... and there was not a single car involved in that one. I see stupid #### like this almost every day. Just dumb,impatient folks that have NO idea what is going on further ahead of them than about 50 feet. Drivers like this is why I DESPISE going anywhere near Chatanooga. The design of I-24 around that area has a way of concentrating stupidity.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.