newbe, need recipes for on the road

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking in the Truck | Trucker Recipe Forum' started by kel, Jun 26, 2013.

1. kel

kel Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Hello,

Hi, I'm Kelley, my hubby just started driving OTR. Not so sure I like being a trucker's wife?! I knew I would miss him while on the road, but never imagined it would be this bad. I'm adjusting, but still!

I was wondering if anyone prepares frozen or canned meals to take on the road? Hubby really hates to eat out and he has been buying convenience foods when they stop at Walmart. I really hate the idea of him eating all that sodium and preservatives with that diet. If anyone has any suggestions for meals I can make for him to take I would really like your suggestions. He has a mini fridge, small propane bbq grill and is planning on getting a mini freezer too. He also has a itty-bitty microwave. He might add a few more pieces of cooking tools, like a crockpot etc. Cooking is my hobby, I know how to can and have dehydrator as well, so just about anything that you think of that would be easy for him to heat and eat I would love to try. I just need more ideas for variety.

Please and Thank You,
    Kelley

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.