Newbie Nedds Info On Maverick

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by phcat, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Master Jack

Master Jack Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    This past week, I have been reading and reading here, there and everywhere about carriers... calling people... friends, acquaintances etc. who drive or have driven... I am so glad to have done this!!!! Doing your homework always pays off.

I just got off the phone with Maverick. They like what they see so far. I faxed them stuff. I liked TMC but didn't get hired there (why, who knows). I am absolutely serious about doing this new phase of my life as "correctly" and earnestly as possible. The death blow to this would have been joining a crappy company, as many have either said or demonstrated. I feel really good about Maverick... I hope to be in Little Rock soon! :biggrin_255:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. inbdusfor20yrs

inbdusfor20yrs Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Jason,

You said you were going Maverick? How is that going so far? I have been looking at TMC myself and they said I would be good. I am planning on going to Roadmaster training and they said to call them when I am in to set everything up. I am just wondering the pay different between Mav and TMC.

4. motomack

motomack Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Rock Hill, SC
    Jason
    I got a prehire from TMC but want to go to maverick. They said to wait till I get closer to starting school which is on August 9th.

Industfor20yrs
    Maverick pays by the mile. TMC you have a choice of mileage or percentage. TMC starts at .31 per mile or 23% and goes up from there. Maverick starts at .33 then .36 after 3 months and then .41 6 months later. TMC pays $300 during orientation and $350 a week during training. Mav pays $500 during orientation and $450 during trainng.

5. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Mavs top out pay is 43 cents now...takes 2 or 3 years to get there though (I think)

6. THD

THD Light Load Member

May 2, 2010
    Granit Falls, NC

RUN!! Mav is beginning to lose loads, are having many drivers having various mechanical issues with their trucks, and a few of their yard instructors could use a lesson or two on interpersonal communications skills. Nothing is ever kept between you & the trainer. NOTHING!

While TMC May not have the better trucks, I understand that they have a better personal training program. Just use your head & you will do fine.

IF nothing else, go to Mav, learn their securement techniques, & then jump over to TMC, Less folks with the "Big HEad stuck on power Trips"

7. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    And you figured all this out while you were in Laurinburg for a few days? Orientation and training is one loooong job interview...don't forget that fact.

It never ceases to amaze me that when people can't make the grade...its Mavericks fault.

There are 2 things that not every man is capable of being...one is a Marine, the other is a Maverick driver.

Maverick is the successful company that it is because of their standards

notarps4me Thanks this.
  8. motomack

motomack Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Rock Hill, SC
    Ridgerunner,
    I understand where he is coming from, but I still know where I want to be!!!

THD
    Thanks for the advice but I'm gonna give it a try. But will try to avoid specialized division if posible.

9. HoosierHunter

HoosierHunter Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Grabill,In
    Semper Fi Marine

10. HoosierHunter

HoosierHunter Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Grabill,In
    You would never make a Marine either. *Removed Insult*

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2010
  11. bigcheif

bigcheif Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2009
    mount orab ohio
    Sorry thd finished the program at maverick, couldn't disagree more. they treated us with respect and like adults. i had to turn my truck in for medical reasons that i wont discuss here, but i will go back in a heartbeat and highly recommend anyone to go maverick. glass aint bad either.

notarps4me and HoosierHunter Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.