Newbie question - please be gentle!

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by flagrunner, Nov 11, 2020.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    The quality of "professional" drivers in this country has fallen off a cliff the last couple years.

skipgears Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MericanMade

MericanMade Heavy Load Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    Are you sure you want to jump right in? Shouldn’t you work toward that in stages, like perhaps banking first, then lion taming? I mean, you have a hat.

skipgears Thanks this.
  4. flagrunner

flagrunner Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2020
    The struggle is real. But I've seen these big rigs travelling around downtown, carrying people to various places and stopping every couple of blocks. I think I could learn to drive these pretty easily.

5. skipgears

skipgears Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    Thanks for the LOL! good stuff. Its true though, too many unskilled drivers out there to gamble you life with. Stay at our office job OP!

AModelCat Thanks this.
  6. skipgears

skipgears Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    This is precisely correct. People forget about the stepping stones that get us into professional positions. I've driven a cargo van in my younger years, then moved onto a straight truck for a few years after that until I got my CLD for the rigs. Of course none of that matter to employers necessarily, but it definitely helped me stay safe out on the road by having the foundations to understanding traffic and maneuvering large vehicles. A point well made.

magoo68 and flagrunner Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.