Newbie to WSE, here I go!!

Discussion in 'Willis' started by gwhitson, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Drop'n'Hook

Drop'n'Hook Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    Thanks for the info and one more thing does he tell how to shift or can you shift it the way you want. Thanks and be safe.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jeepwj02

Jeepwj02 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Georgia
    I wanna join WSE and have some questions for the OP.

How long did training last. Any extra cost involved besides licence and dot physicals?

How long total have you been with your trainer and how many days you gotta go before going solo?

Is it better to have my permit first before attending school or get it while im there?

How many miles are you averaging a week?

What is the start pay?

Sorry for bugging you with these questions. I emailed WSE with these Sunday but no one has answered them. Im thinking of applying for training tonight. THANKS

4. gwhitson

gwhitson Light Load Member

May 30, 2008
    Ada, OK
    Its no problem, be patient with me...lol. I can only get IE access at flying Js so I have to schedule my days if I can to stop there and catch up on e biz...lol Good luck.

5. razorbacker

razorbacker Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Van Buren, Ar
    What type of amenities are allowed, or provided, in the trucks? Do they have apu's, or inverters, or whatever it takes to power a small fridge and microwave? If they don't have them do they allow drivers to install their own?

Thanks.

6. MilkMan

MilkMan Bullshipper

Aug 18, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    No doubt in my mind...... I've been out almost 15 years, and I'll still eat two plates of chow in the time it takes my wife to pick up her fork. LMAO

7. newbee22

newbee22 Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2008
    palm coast, FL
    does anyone kno on the otr miles and if it is a no touch loads?

8. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    does WSE allow you to take truck home for hometime?

9. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    Good miles, 98% no touch. the only problem I had with WSE is there #### auto shifts. Guess I just old school. I like to shift.

10. The German

The German Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2008
    PhoenixAz
    Hi everybody i am new to the side i came out off school went right to Elm Springs working for Willy it was a great compay to work for trainig was very good after i had the 10K Training under the belt i got my Truck a Mack at the time always was rolling Dispatch was very professional got me home whenever i needed you can take the Truck home Wse will do alot for the Driver and Family i had nothing but good xpierence with all the people in the Office from Dispatch to Shop Moeny and Miles have been good too. The only reason that i left Wse was all the break downs i had with the old Macks might be better now since they got Volvos . When i had a break down they always paid for Motel. I have nothing but good things to say about Willy if i ever go back Otr this is the 1st Company i would call I am not a recruiter i am now in Phx and work local. Good luck

11. Sid

Sid Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    Used to drive for WSE, great company. My late husband and I drove teams for them. They kept us rolling, and we made the money. I drive tankers now but if I ever went back to reefers I would give WSE a call. Good Luck to you.

ScooterDawg Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.