Newbie truckers. Don't work for these companies. Heed my warning!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Nairbfs79, Jan 6, 2017.

1. MondoburgerHD

MondoburgerHD Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2017

Yeah I watched reviews of newbies working for them. They all said they were a good starter. One of them managed to get paid more than he was supposed to due to hard work.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. username6988

username6988 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Chicago
    I work for kllm and I make great money, I'm treated well and I'm home 3 days a week. So keep reading posts from angry drivers who probably turn down 2 loads per week and got absolutely nothing in return.

Protein Hauler Thanks this.
  4. michaelbunt

michaelbunt Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Ragland, Al
    All these trucking companies for the most part are about the same, it's what you make of it. Now when I started years ago it was for Star transport out of Morton, Illinois and it was months before they sold out to swift and shut down. And they treated me like ####. That's what ruined me from ever driving company trucks again. The son of the founder ran it into the ground with a bad coke and gambling habit sold it to swift. I remember being at the yard in Morton and star was having trucks repoed for not paying the bills on time. A lot of guys lost there belongings in that deal and star didn't have any trucks to put them in so they got bus tickets home with just the clothes on there backs. So yes there are bad companies out there but it's not indicative of the whole. I've been an o/o for years now, when I bought my first truck I was leased to u.s. Express and I made plenty of money there, never had a problem with them. Then I leased to Crst Malone out of Alabama for a year and made good money there. I finally ended up with Landstar and will spend the rest of my career here. Nicest group of people and always willing to help if you need it. Again it's the work you put into it.

username6988 Thanks this.
  5. BigMikeK89

BigMikeK89 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2017
    He'll that's half of the companies on the road son. Lol Look I'll say it flat out EXPERIENCE MAY VARY. I drive for CR England, and yes there was a hiccup which I got fixed and they made it right. I'm in a dedicated fleet good money good miles hell I only had three days home time and just took 6. At the end of the day it's not so much the company as it is your DM. That dude will make or brake you. I know a number of people very happy at CR England, and depending on fleet some of use get paid pretty #### good. I have a brand new WS 5700XE that I love though I think I want to trade for a new KW. Point being is I can take the "best" company out there and find people who hate them. Difference is big names like Swift England Schneider etc have A LOT of people, not all of which are suited for the job in general think it's easy money or instead of using the open door policy and speaking up get walked all over by a bad DM or trainer. Point is will I retire here eh more then likely not BUT the company ain't as bad as some think/say.

6. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    These mega OTR fleets are where you work to earn your stripes
    ....sure it really sucks eggs to be on the job 24/7 and not having a normal life, not being paid right or doing alot of free work
    .....just keep a good additude and hang in there and decide if this job and lifestyle is for you
    If not.... at the end of day find something local home everyday job
    Your driving careers are not defined by these OTR mega fleet operations, these are just opportunities to get your feet wet

DoubleO7 and 51.50 Thank this.
  7. Scottyboy

Scottyboy Light Load Member

Nax say's=

I've had incomes of $45K without a degree, which turned into 85K after degree, and 100K between 2008 & 2012...then I became an Enterpreneur....with a small business grossing $220K annually...I think I must be doing something right....

nax, Jan 11, 2017Report
    #78Thank+ QuoteReply
    And after all this- your gonna be a Supertrucker show us all up.My monies on white dog-ill take that bet!

8. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
  9. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
  10. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
  11. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.