Discussion in 'CR England' started by lifesafight, Aug 17, 2007.

1. lifesafight

lifesafight Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2007
    East Orange, NJ
    I underestimated this website and did not realize how much info can be found here. So I applied to crengland and I'm to leave September 3 for orientation. I already have a CDL and my situation is such that I need a job NOW. So I did not have time to look at the site in detail. I see that england almost has the worst reputation as in the sites poll. I'm going no matter what because I had a hard time finding a job and now I finally got something. I don't want to keep delaying work until I have to eat out of the garbage! Can some of you experienced truckers take the time out to give me some advise and words of wisdom that may help me in my journey. I have already witnessed things about them that I don't like and I don't want to go into too much detail here. I don't plan on staying with them forever. I just want to stay a while to get some experience. In the meantime I'll keep looking for a job with a better company like maybe CFI or somthing.

Thanks,

Kevin

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roadhog

roadhog Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2007
    No man's land, Ohio
    Since it seems you've made up your mind and you said you don't want to go into detail on the why's, and you need a job now - what can anyone say? Just do alot of reading on here and maybe whatever your looking for will come to you. I wish you all the luck in your endeavors and best wishes with cr!

4. panhandleswife

panhandleswife <strong>Florida Girl</strong>

Jan 14, 2007
    welcome here and good luck with your new job.we all have to do what we have to do . eveything you read here does not mean that you have to go with what is said here i mean who knows maybe this company will work out for you just fine then you can come back and give good feed back on it . but they is a lot of good infoe on here and good peeps to chat and lrean from , so i say againg good luck to you and let us know how it goes for u , i am Jen

5. lifesafight

Jul 15, 2007
    East Orange, NJ
    Raised...................

6. lifesafight

Jul 15, 2007
    East Orange, NJ
    Well that's just it, I don't like it but I gotta do what I gotta do. Next time I won't do it like this. I'll take my time and pick a good company. I'm not officially hired yet so I'll come back let you guys no what happend. Do you think it would be safer for me to drive in a team for a few months until I'm more confident? I don't really trust the training @ england and I don't want to have a roll-over or major accident because they put me on the road b4 time. I'm afrad that I'll be faced with problems OTR that I won't know how to handle. I figure if I had a partner it would be better even if the person was kinda new. Two heads are better than one. What do you think? Thanks for giving me the go-ahead, I needed that.

Thanks for the replies,

Kevin

7. PlainTruckinCrazy

PlainTruckinCrazy Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Apple Valley, Ca
    My Father in law has worked for CR England for about 20 years. He is on his 6th and he says last lease truck from them, loves them to death, would rather be in the truck then go home, but I think momma has something to do with that. He was really down about a year ago when one of his best buddies, also working for england, a driver trainer, was killed in an accident the trainee caused. From what I am told the trainee took a 15 mph exit at about 45mph. So point is I wouldnt trust teams. specially if you ever think about becoming a driver trainer. I team drive with my own brother and I still wake up off and on worried. cause he gets tired just like everyone else. As far as england as a whole goes, I never worked for them, I applied and ended up having to change my phone number cause that recruiter thought I liked being called about every hour on the hour, 24 hours a day. (not literally, but very late into the night for calls form a recruiter, like, 9-11p)that was before I met the wife and found out pops was a driver there. Now obviously, I never actually signed with them. Now, the more time I spend with the wifes family, the more I have realized their view on things is completely twacked out. And they love england. So because of that, and now, all the stories I read here, I wouldnt trust england as far as I could throw one of their trucks!

8. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    I know a guy who's been a company driver for England over 22 years he says England is a great company.They treat you right.Mind you he is a company driver and a good runner.He says KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT,DO NOT try to change their system and YOU'LL BE FINE.
    he loves em.

9. Sarge

Sarge Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    North Florida
    Stay away from that lease/purchase BS. or anything like it. Unless you are a seasoned business person/ owner operator. Drive their truck and make the chitty pay, at least you will GET pay.

chaser1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.