Newest T/A? I-10 x709 Tx?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Infosaur, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I didn't even catch the name.

Didn't show up on GPS or my truckstop list. So it's under 6 months old.

Everything in here is new or near completion. Even the Transflo scanner worked!

(But of course, somebody already backed into a parking lot light. Lol)

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Its been there for a few years. Started out as Oasis Travel Center and was bought by Petro/TA about a year ago. Maybe you should loook into getting the Trucker Path app. There are a lot of new truck stops around the country.

Frank

Bean Jr. and Studebaker Hawk Thank this.
  4. Infosaur

Well then the purchase by T/A and the renovation is recent.

I'm amused by all the truckstops that DON'T show up on my gps. For instance Wilcos are never acknowledged. I bet it has something to do with an advertising fee.

Anyway, I usually only run in the north east and I don't have to look up truckstops very often. It's just I've been to Texas twice this month so I'm slightly out of my element.

Regardless, that is the newest, cleanest, most freshly painted T/A I've ever been to. Would be nice if they made an effort like that east of the Ohio River.

(Wait, gotta exclude White's & Kenly from that list. Although they're both owned by a franchisee that actually cares about drivers. LeeHi too although it's showing it's age, they keep that place up nicely)

5. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    There is a ton of info missing on GPS's and even Google. All related to the fact that the venue in question choose not to give in to the extortion demands of the likes of Alphabet(Google's parent) or the manufacturer of the GPS in question.
    That is why I like an app like Trucker Path. Although it is advertising driven, the quality of the app and in turn the # of eyeballs that see it determine the advertising rate that Trucker Path can charge to their advertisers, who usually don't have any locations on the app, they are determined by the demographics( truck drivers). So the more accurate the info, the more likely I am to use it, and I might see an ad for say Cabela'a. I don't mind that, and I can usually buy a premium version with no ads if I want. These guys have to make money somehow, if it worth it I will buy it.

Dave_in_AZ and A21CAV Thank this.
  6. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    I like trucker path because you can see current parking (if updated) and a history. Only downside is some people like to mess around with the parking status.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  7. Infosaur

Well maybe it's better to have a small place nobody knows about.

The best thing is to be out there on the road and knowing where to go.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    That's called road savvy. We can't have that now, cause little Johnny will get frustrated and crash into something.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.