No air to cab height control valve on 2005 t 600 kw

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by jlawall, Apr 9, 2024.

1. jlawall

jlawall Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2011
    wapwallopen pa
    My T600 is not airing up the air bags under the sleeper.Disconnected the supply line to the height control valve and no air pressure even at 120 in tanks. My question is what supplies the air to this valve?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Do all your other air operated accessories (air seat, diff/interaxle locks, suspension etc) operate?

Usually there are pressure protection valves on the tanks that won't send air pressure to the accessories until there's enough air pressure in the system to satisfy the brake system requirements. That would be my first place to check.

jlawall Thanks this.
  4. jlawall

jlawall Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2011
    wapwallopen pa
    Yes that's what I was looking for this evening but nothing like that caught my eye. I;m now looking at the schematic of the Bendix AD-IS air dryer on this truck and it appears to have pressure protection valves internally for some ports, one of which may be the culprit. I'll know for sure in the morning when I have a chance to test the lines coming from them. Wondering if those PPV 's are serviceable or is that high dollar dryer now junk?

5. JB7

JB7 Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2022
    See attached. Pg 4 Figure 3 has a diagram showing the dryer accessory ports. Try to trace the cab valve line and see if it goes to the dryer or secondary tank. Also trace the line(s) from the accessory ports and see where they go.
    upload_2024-4-9_23-48-4.png

Attached Files:

jlawall Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.