No any Warranty after purchased in TEC?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by wallance, Mar 14, 2018.

1. wallance

wallance Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2018
    I am new owner and just purchased a used 2015 Volvo 670 in TEC Equipment in Fontana CA in December 2017.
    Just the first trip to MO in the end of January,the shaft is broken on the way and took me one week and around $4500 to repair in dealer.
    Then we also found many problems about alternator, injectors and took me $6500.
    Last time my engine oil pressure is very low and my truck keep shut down , I have to change the engine oil to restart my truck.After we are back to CA, we took the truck to TEC dealer in Fontana CA.We told the dealer the oil pressure is low and the engine oil looks like water.There might be some leaking .They told us will do sample analysis .But when they checking the truck and found fuel are leaking from injectors O ring.So they replace all the injectors O ring and injector cup and thought my problem is resolved !(I just changed 6 injectors kits three weeks ago) They used one week and charge me $2700 .When we pick up the truck ,they told us what they did is no relationship with the low oil pressure and they did not do sample analysis.
    We just run about 600 miles out of the dealer and the oil pressure go down to 32 again.
    Do you think they are just playing us and want make money only??
    Is there anything I can do however it is purchased in TEC?
    Appreciated for any advice!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
  4. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    You might get lucky if their is a lemon law in California on used commercial vehicles but it don't sound good

wallance Thanks this.
  5. wallance

wallance Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Thank you for your reply.
    Because my truck shut again in AZ right now and I have to change the engine oil again to restart it.I do not understand much about the law.Do you think We have to hire the attorney to solve the problem.Because we think there is a big problem in head and they might have to replace the head....
    Please advise.Appreciated.

6. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Review your sales contract. It should state if you purchased a truck that is in "As - Is" condition.

7. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I had a used truck that had a warranty on the engine and I had lots of warranty work done. Even after the warranty I still had trouble with the engine. This was a Detroit engine. It's a used truck and like most they are sold AS IS. That's it unless you have some extra warranty.

Google California lemon law and you might get lucky. You can keep fixing the truck and hope it works out. I spent $19,000 in repairs after the warranty ended and then had emission box go bad and they wanted $12,000 to fix that. That's was it for me I gave up.

It up to you if you want keep repairing the truck or see if any hope under lemon laws. Your oil should not look like water unless you been adding coolant

I looked into lemon law in my state and nothing applied to trucks and it was almost impossible to even do anything even if you could prove it because I would have needed to hire an attorney.

8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    So you bought the single most important piece of equipment for your business and didn't spend the few dollars on an oil sample? Did you even take it to an outside mechanic to do an inspection, hook up to the computer for codes, etc? Not even going to mention doing a dyno.

Or did you see "Oh, shiney! I must have!" and buy as-is without looking at the mechanicals?

RedBeardedT Thanks this.
  9. RET423

RET423 Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Kalifornia
    The Coolant in the oil is coagulating in the filter, that is why your oil pressure is dropping. Since this has occurred multiple times because you keep running it your bearings are shot now as well.

Your head gasket may very well be the source of the Coolant leak (several things can cause water in the oil) but that engine needs an inframe now to be right again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.