No Cab

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by speedyk, Jun 15, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    This is strictly inside a seaport which itself is incredibly controlled chaos. Boxes go on ships, boxes come off ship. Some boxes go bye bye and others sit a while.

I hope the #### thing knows where the Rectangular Yellow Paint box is at and stop inside it properly to wait for the high pick or crane to take away a box and put another on.

It is possible to drive hundreds of miles in a confines of a port per shift so it will be interesting to see how the charging is able to keep up with feeding of these things.

Boxes on, boxes off. Boxes... on. Boxes off...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

VERA!! *shakes fist!*

At first I was wondering where the cooling was then I realized it was electric.

Nothing surprising, ports & yard jockeys will be replaced first. Still a long way from being road worthy. I do a lot of hand loading so I'm wondering what robot will do that part of my job for me?

And I'm sure the flatbedders out there anxiously await their "tarping robot" to cover the load in rain & mud.

4. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Well then... you're in good company.

5. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I had the Mark I version, it was called... SWAMPER.

6. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    The line that struck me was this one...

...says Mikael Karlsson, Vice President Autonomous Solutions at Volvo Trucks. "We see this collaboration as an important start and want to drive progress in this area. Vera may have a speed limit, but we don't.​

7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

*sigh* I remember when Volvo was "boxy, but safe."

Somebody ought to tell Mr. Karlsson what happens when you break speed limits.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.