No charges Humbolt Bus Crash !?!?!?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Trailerdragger, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Raamman

Raamman Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Airbase Two
    yes I am. the owner of the business was not the driver, was he ? why would he risk his business being negligent on his driver ? I have to assume he hired a licensed driver, that is the only real requirement. If I am a businessman and am not a truck driver, how am I to evaluate you ? And even still, we dont know exactly why the guy ran the stop sign.
    Why should all the folks working at a business be put out of work because one guy did not do his job properly ?
    Quit the lynch-mob mentality, it is below the standard of a civilized society.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    It’s a two truck operation. He’s closed and reopened several times. With new business numbers. Total fly by night operator. And we need to expose and shut them down. #### straight it’s a lynch mob mentality. We need to clean up our industry before another 16 people get killed.

roshea, rank, gokiddogo and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    While I agree with your premise, there is more to the story and in the absence of specific violations, the government cannot just arbitrarily close down a business.

The [new] company is registered to two people, neither of whom are Adesh Deol owner Sukhmander Singh.

The numbered company received its safety certificate on May 9. Alberta Transportation said it “immediately” suspended the certificate.

“Once the carrier demonstrated that it was in compliance Alberta Transportation had no legal grounds to maintain the suspension and the suspension was lifted on June 1, 2018,” the ministry said in a statement.

The two-truck company’s current safety certificate has conditions upon it, said Alberta Transportation, and the province will do a followup audit in the next three months. Its record is currently clean.

“The carrier will be closely monitored over the next three months and if any significant safety infractions are found during this period of operations its Safety Fitness Certificate will be suspended immediately,” Alberta Transportation said.

The Adesh Deol trucker who was behind the wheel for the Humboldt crash had started working for the company a month earlier, and wasn’t seriously hurt. The company hadn’t had any violations or convictions, or been involved in any other incidents beforehand.

- Trucking company ‘connected’ to business involved in Humboldt crash opens at same address | The Star
    So, it appears Alberta Transportation is doing what it can within the constraints of the law.

There is no question that changes are due; I know, as I am sure you do too, of several shady companies over the years that have shut down only to have a new company spring up in it's place with all the same actors. And it happens over and over again. This isn't exclusive to Alberta, nor even Canada as I am personally aware of it happening several times in the U.S. as well.

5. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    The owner of the company that was suspended following the crash, is prohibited from being on the management of any other trucking companies until the suspension is lifted.
    But it is suspicious that they both have the same address, his house.

6. not4hire

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Not even suspicious... it's blatant. I'm going to guess the two directors of the new company are family members; his wife and a child or other family member.

7. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On

Suck it up buttercup. Absolutely no surprise. Happens frequently however usually the name change leaves a room full of creditors holding the bag

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  8. not4hire

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    rank Thanks this.
  9. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Very well written. Awesome system isn’t it... have a few companies lying dormant, one of your drivers kills 16 people, oh well, activate one of the companies, transfer your gear over, carry on.

rabbiporkchop, rank, gokiddogo and 2 others Thank this.
  10. Trailerdragger

Trailerdragger Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2017

LOL, you haven't spend much time driving trucks on Canadian roads have you

rabbiporkchop and rank Thank this.
  11. Trailerdragger

Trailerdragger Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2017
    An extract from a story about how the RCMP is finally getting around to pressing charges against this clown.

"Adesh Deol was put on suspension by the province pending an investigation, but Alberta Transportation confirmed on Tuesday another numbered trucking company has been registered at the same Calgary address as Adesh Deol, saying “one of the trucks and one of the drivers” from Adesh Deol is operating with the new company."

rank Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.