No heat from thermoking apu /webasto bunk heater

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Sixela918, May 27, 2022.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

My system NEVER produced heat follwing the procedure you wrote above. I suspect you need to use the control to the right of the Thermoking panel. The Heater panel might be under the clock, not the knob below the clock, but the knob below that knob that is below the clock. On my Webasto panel, which looks different from any of the pic you posted, double press the on button, then press or double press the + or temp increase button. When the fuel-burning heater turns on you will have no doubt it is working. It seems to operate by adding high temp air and then turning off, not adding warm air over time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tigerfishinc

Tigerfishinc Light Load Member

May 28, 2021
    My truck had a temperature sensor / so if the temperature outside was a certain level - it would not turn on

Sirscrapntruckalot and tscottme Thank this.
  4. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Yep!

tscottme Thanks this.
  5. Sixela918

Sixela918 Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2021
    Phoenix, AZ
    Obviously right now it's pretty hot outside but it has never done anything in heat and I've tried it a bunch when it was cold outside.

6. Tigerfishinc

Tigerfishinc Light Load Member

May 28, 2021
    Ok - it could be that they never connected the fuel line to the webasto unit. But raise the sleeper and see if it clicks. The thing has a glow plug in it and they burn the diesel. It clicks a couple of times trying to ignite the diesel.
    Also after a couple of tries if it does not ignite - it goes into safe mode and then you have to reset it with a scanner to activate it. Best bet would be to call the dealer and have them check it out. I would tell you to disconnect the battery- but with all the new issues with disconnected batteries, I won’t advise that

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    Sixela918 Thanks this.
  7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Take it to the dealer where you bought it from.

8. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    When mine stopped it was the little filter screen in the unit. It can be a real pain in the ### to get out. Not sure because you said yours is new though. Thermoking can fix it but they charge me arm and a leg.

nikmirbre and Sixela918 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.