no home, Full time OTR job recommendations

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by scott180, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    I am currently banking $2500-3000 per month. That is after all expenses, taxes, benefits and 401k deductions. I live like a cheapskate miser, but......I should have a nice nest egg in 6-7 years. Gotta look at the big picture!:D:cool:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    That's what I do LOL save that money!

4. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    Unfortunately, not being the smartest or most responsible human being earlier in my life, I never "saved" for "retirement". Started in this industry at the age of 56. I have already purchased 3 rental units in my hometown with "trucking money". That property will be paid off in 3 more years with "trucking money". If I only would have been "wiser" in my 30's and 40's! Oh well.......hindsight is 20/20

5. NightWind

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Yea we all make stupid mistakes trust me I know. I don't like people too much so rentals are not my cup of tea. The main thing is get everything paid for (which I have) and save all the rest, invest ,do a little charity stuff. I'm happy.

Sirscrapntruckalot and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  6. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    I like the fact that my tenants pay my mortgage payment, property taxes, and insurance for me every month, with about a $400 positive cash flow! Those are "people" that I'll put up with:D

7. NightWind

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    I don't disagree that it's a great thing for some folks, just not me. God bless you! Good luck.

8. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    I understand. I spent almost 30 years in the construction and remodel/renovation industry. So fix up rental properties are right up my alley. The sweat equity is a great investment opportunity for me. Hoping to pick up another property as soon as we hit the next real estate "crash". It's coming.....in fact, it's overdue by historical standards. I think this corona virus crap may push it over the edge sooner rather than later.

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  9. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    I used to do fuel tankers and actually feel more at ease in a hazmat tanker than a box trailer. A little less pushing by dispatch to be unsafe and most people are professionals. Or at least they don't want to die. I'm hoping to push my income up as soon as possible and I currently think cryo may be the ticket.

Because of being out for awhile I'll likely be in a box/refer at first to meet the hazmat carriers requirements. Then off to things that go boom if ya ain't sweet to them.

Just got to map it out. A good company to get started with is key and then to find one that pays and I can retire from.

10. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    Will looking like Billy Connolly be a problem? Should I cut my hair for interviews? Always had short hair till I started working from home and China virus hit and then I said F-it
    What y'all think?
    billy-connolly-scottish-actor-and-comedian-in-december-2004-photo-C9A3A6.jpg

11. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    Gain about 100 lbs.......stop showering.......wear the same clothes for weeks on end....and sleep in them..... You'll fit right in out here!!:confused::eek::D:p

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.