No Longer Give A ####

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by ttnae, Nov 7, 2023.

1. ttnae

ttnae Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    We never sign these. I'm just offended for the industry that the brokers literally keep the profits that make the difference and they have the nerve to act like totalitarians??? I only have 15 trucks. We're small, but witth the weight on my shoulders, I refuse to let a broker treat me like I'm their servant. It's a personal thing I guess. Us carriers and OO's have all of the heat but MOST of the time, unless they are desperate, they will stick it to te carrier as hard as they can.
    A few years ago, I had Roehl exec on the phone discussing their agreement. (We are a specialized carrier). I told him that he wouldn't even sign the agreement that he wanted me to sigh. He agreed but said that it was required. We didn't and have never hauled for them. Not complaining but there is no reason for me to open myself up to unlimited liability and waive all of the rights that the federal government has granted us in trucking. If we get rid of brokers, we will be better off financially and our liability situations will be better.
    Afterall, What is the point of incorporating if you will agree to e held personally responsible?

Rideandrepair and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Pack up your truck and move out of North Korea

Snailexpress and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  4. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Come on????? If you were specialized, and good, you probably woudn't be booking RXO brokered loads for your 15 trucks...

5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    It’s business just like everything else and you can’t blame brokers for taking a chance on someone willing to haul it cheap. It’s not much different than you or I shopping by price when we need something. I get your point and understand your frustration, but really you can’t place any more or less blame on brokers than you can the government for handing out operating authority for $300.

bryan21384 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  6. Jubal Early Times

Jubal Early Times Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2022
    I’m a specialized carrier and have never heard of RXO. Are they related to XPO? I’ve heard of them before.

7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    XPO/RXO won’t book loads with me. No reason given. They cancelled a load on a Friday about 10 years ago. Left me hanging at the last minute, when I was almost there. I just had to know, so I kept going, went to pick it up anyway. Thought they found a cheaper Truck. It was Legit, actually cancelled. I suspect they found out I tried to pick up the Load. They refused to pay the TONU. What aggravates me is that they often have Loads going exactly where I’m looking. Lot of Loads in and out of home. They have too much freight. Broker more and more of it these days. I’d like to see them lose some of it, better yet close down.

Lite bug, JimmyTwoTimes, Oxbow and 2 others Thank this.
  8. Jubal Early Times

Oct 17, 2022
    So they are the same company?

Rideandrepair and Oxbow Thank this.
  9. Big Road Skateboard

May 2, 2021
    I'm like a puppy mill dog, not specialized at all, so i have run a few loads for them. Yes, RXO, XPO are the same, or at least owned by the same parent.

10. Jubal Early Times

Oct 17, 2022
    I gotcha. I figured they might be since the name is similar. But didn’t know.

cke, Oxbow and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  11. Big Road Skateboard

May 2, 2021
    That's crazy. Out west I hardly ever see their loads. When I do though, they pay well. Think I've ran 2 loads for them since I started.

cke, Oxbow and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.