No Longer Receiving Email Notifications?

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by Suspect Zero, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Sometime early this morning I stopped getting emails of new posts to threads I am watching. Is anyone having this problem? I would assume not since I was no able to see any new thread about it (or I'm just blind and missed it) but I did not change/update any preferences here or in my email to account for the change.

It is perhaps something related to the recent update mentioned in a previous thread here?

Just wondering...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Sure you don't mean alerts?Either way it works fine.Check your profile settings

4. Duurtipoker

Duurtipoker Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Hagerstown, MD
    That happens to me a lot. If the thread is really active I'll get 4 or 5 notifications then nothing until I look at the thread, and than I'll see it actually has 15 new posts. Once I clear those it'll start sending notifications again. I'm betting it's a setting so as not to spam people when they're watching a particularly busy thread.

Ed

5. Admin

Admin TTR Forum Owner Staff Member Administrator

Apr 6, 2009
    Looks like your finger might have slipped and clicked the Spam button this morning, which automatically shuts off the forum's ability to deliver email to you. Unfortunately, it's not something we can reverse.

6. Suspect Zero

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Great, fat finger syndrome and premature eclickulation bite me the rear end yet again :(
    It's nice to know (not really) that hitting the spam button overrides the safe sender list in hotmail, you'd think there would be some type of prompt that pop up for that.

Thanks for looking into that, I appreciate it. I tried creating a rule in email setting to see if it will get them back to my inbox, we'll see... I doubt it.

I love all the technology that will make our lives so much easier :banghead:

Thank you everyone for responding.

UturnGirl, Big Don, Mastertech and 2 others Thank this.
  7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    No. He's talking about subscribing to a thread.

I believe when you do that, the site sends an email to the address you gave when you signed up every time someone posts to that thread.

pattyj Thanks this.
  8. Suspect Zero

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    yes, that was what I meant, sorry if I wasn't clear. Creating an email rule didn't solve the problem, so I'm chatting with support half way around the world... I should have paid attention in school when I was failing typing class, it would make things much easier.

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    What do you need typing class for? Just use the hunt-and-peck method like everybody else. :laughing6:

10. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    No kidding! It's amazing how much we have come to depend on the computer. I have to ask myself, how the hell did anybody get anything done BEFORE we all had PCs or Macs or whatever.
    Particularly you wonder that when something goes wrong with your computer.

Yes, that is a toggle on/off in settings.

I was gonna say something about the huntin' pecker, but decided not to.....:D

KillingTime and Suspect Zero Thank this.
  11. Suspect Zero

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    This is a test, this is only a test.... had this been an actual post you would have been informed of some totally useless crap that made sense only to me.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled lurking...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.