No parts?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Oscar the KW, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    You could probably part it out and make more than you paid for it.

spsauerland, JoeyJunk and AModelCat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Yes, and don't forget the free rent.

Western flyer, AModelCat and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  4. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I think of this every time I pass an old truck in a field or out back of a building. Wondering if the owners know how valuable their “junk” truck is nowadays.

spsauerland and AModelCat Thank this.
  5. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    I think I’ll run it instead.

6. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Nice What kind of truck?

7. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    I learned not to name names on line but I can buy parts direct from a major semi trailer manufacturer. About 8? weeks ago they laid off 180 people at one site. Can not make trailers without parts. The company that made plymetal doors for them folded up as well. Told me now there is some plastic type door. Thinner but heavy.

201 Thanks this.
  8. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    When the fedgov says people more to sit at home than they can make working this labor shortage is what you get

when the fedgov makes it super easy to move your factory to Mexico with nafta or China with most favored nation trade status and zero import tariffs, then every company moves their factory to a third world country to save a nickel while raising the price and paying their Executives millions in bonuses for moving the factory and this is what happens

if you’re down and losing thousands of revenue every week because if a part id be calling every used truck junkyard in the country looking for a used water pump to get back rolling until the new one you ordered arrives .
    I maintain Enviromental water treatment systems and vapor recovery systems at contaminated sites and we are contractually obligated to 90% runtime

lf I can’t find the exact part I need , I find something that will work until the part I need comes in .

9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Had my waterpump replaced two days ago. DD15. Shop had it in stock.

10. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Same kind of stuff for a cracked A/C line at the compressor. It is push in and and held with a steel plate over it. Special order from the truck manufacturers supplier. At least two weeks, maybe 4.
    Found a compressor with the same 8 groove, diameter, offset pulley. Pad mount as well with old school standard hose connections. Hose shop got me hosed up. Thank outside the box but this has become soooo time consuming.

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The one shop we go to, that won't do any motor work, has had two custom high pressure hoses made for one trucks APU, one custom for another's power steering.
    But that's their SOP. Hose shop is right around the corner lol.

bzinger, AModelCat and BoxCarKidd Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.