No Restroom wth???? Has it happened to you?

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by RIBS, Jun 9, 2009.

1. pullingtrucker

pullingtrucker Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Fostoria, Ohio
    The only Hiedtman plant that comes to mind is the one in Butler, IN. I haven't been in there since they added on the other buildings, but like I said I've never had a problem. If you were at the Butler plant, just to the south of them SDI has a truck staging lot with port-a-johns and there is a fuel stop and McDonald's back up in Butler with truck parking.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ShallowDOF

ShallowDOF Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Kenmore, WA
    I'v used their restroom while my truck was at the dock. Just walked in like I worked there and used it. Sometimes you can get away with things if you just act like you do it all the time. :biggrin_25525: If you look confused or lost they WILL notice you and try to get you out ASAP.

4. Garager

Garager Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2009
    MN
    Traffic jam outside of SLC, a driver took a dump in his rig, placed the bag behind his passenger drive tires. Then as traffic started to move, cars and trucks were running it over, brown dotted crap marks going down the hwy. This was wrong, but funny stuff there, you had to laugh, just because we were stuck in traffic for 4 hrs.....

5. GRAYMATTERS

GRAYMATTERS Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Colorado
    The term "crappy roads", takes on a whole new meaning. lmao.

6. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Lol... I told my wife that same trick when I worked at GM. I said, "Just walk like you know where you're going and if anyone grabs you and asks you to work overtime, just tell 'em you're already working over in D52."

7. ShallowDOF

ShallowDOF Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Kenmore, WA
    I used to deliver to construction sites. If I couldn't get my customer to answer the phone then I had to go looking for them. I just walked briskly with a determined look on my face and no one bothered me, even if I wasn't wearing all the proper safety gear.

8. Rookie O/O, vet driver

Rookie O/O, vet driver Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Port Clinton, Ohio
    I've leearned a way to deal with shippers/customers who practice this sort of policy. Walk in with Lysol wipes visibly in hand (to prove you are a sanitary person), as well as my own toilet paper (in case there isn't any, or it isn't worth what it's used for). State, politely as possible, but with urgency, "Excuse me! I REALLY need to use a restroom, and if I can't find one very soon, things are gonna get messy around here!"
    Nobody wants to watch anyone crap their pants right next to them.

9. brinkj23

brinkj23 "Asphalt Cowboy"

Dec 26, 2005
    Minnesota
    Been to quite a few places that dont have a public bathroom, but usually if you ask nicely, or have that look on your face like your gonna poop yourself they usually let ya use it. One place I do remember that wouldnt let me use it was at Kroger Foods in Bollingbrook IL just off of I55. Big sign inside the receiving doors no restrooms available. Just dumb I hate these places like that. I was online trying to find this law that states if people are coming in and out of your building of place of business then a restroom must be provided. Cant seem to find the law anywhere though. I mean you'd never see a restraunt or gas station without a bathroom, unless its a complete dive in the ghetto. But every place in my town here has a restroom available.

10. Mooniac

Mooniac Medium Load Member

May 19, 2008
    Vancouver, Washington
    I've got an idea for these shippers/recievers that don't have any facilities available for truckers. When you find no restroom facility available, you already have their business name and address, why not just call a local porta-poty company and place an order (as if you were calling for the shipper/reciever) for that company to have a porta-poty placed at a location on their lot of your choice so the next time you deliver there you'll have one available. All right, It might not work but at least the shipper/reciever might get the hint....:biggrin_255:

11. Owner's Operator

Owner's Operator Medium Load Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Chicago IL
    Isn't this is like a Jim Crow law? When blacks had to use seperate bathrooms certain groups screamed racism. Now truck drivers ARE NOT allowed to use any bathroom in certain buildings and it's ok. What gives?

We could make a huge whine that we are being discriminated against because of the type of work we do.

BTW, Mooniac are you a private pilot?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.