No security Landstar said didn't qualify after making me quit job

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by B.S., Jan 30, 2019.

1. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I wonder why????????? Huuummm why ? Why they have “ o/o” only . May be that the CEOs want to give their money away to the “o/o” . Probably they will pay more money to their new “o/o”
    No wonder why those “o/o” are making so much money . They also get money in advance and they get pay for their Insurance, plate and everything else , wooooh . How come I did not think about that ???? Before I became 100% independent O/O .
    Help me to understand that , please !!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Maybe you withheld critical information on your application which was discovered during verification.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Sucks being an employee working for big ugly carriers doesn’t it ??? (Sarcasm). It was awfully nice of them to give you that computer and on top of that how much are you going to bill them for all your time and trouble they asked you to do ??? You charge for a due diligence check of course right ? $1,500 maybe $3,000.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    I heard Landstar will cancel a lease if you fart in the wrong direction.

6. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    The only mandate a prospective employer has under 391.23 is to show you what your previous DOT regulated employment references reported about you. The prospective employer doesn't have to give you a reason why they didn't hire you.

PART 391—QUALIFICATIONS OF DRIVERS AND LONGER COMBINATION VEHICLE (LCV) DRIVER INSTRUCTORS

And, as others have mentioned, you weren't being hired as an employee by LS anyway.

roshea Thanks this.
  7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    No. At least not if you're a good earner. Cause I've shared more than a few shall we say "colorful" emails with them about their personnel in operations.

I've no doubt there is a great deal of nepotism / friends of family kind of thing here, and people are protected, where as the nobody has to tow the line.

But yea, are the rules the same for everyone? F no.

Guys are always saying they can take my runs away from me. Yea, there was one sitting at the Desert Hills coup, OOS, over weight on tandems, seal broken, reloading customers freight at the coup. Pretty sure that customer only wants it handled at the shipper and by him, but wtf do I know.

I asked the agent, who's pretty much a weasel, " What is this guy to you? How does a total moron rate that pick up time? Nephew? Brother in law? Somebody told you give it to him from on high?"

No reply.

8. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    I had an issue with Landstar pop up today that certainly raises a red flag of concern to me.

I applied with Landstar on June 5th. On June 21st I was notified my file had a final review by Jacksonville and I am good to go. Today, July 5th, 14 days later, I received a call from the original processing center in Indianapolis stating after reviewing my file it looks like they are missing part of a page from my DOT long form that was sent in. Nothing is missing. It is just how the clinic printed out my copy where one page carried over into the next and left half of the next page blank.

If my file supposedly had a final review 2 weeks ago, why is it being reviewed now. I must say this raises a big concern to me as to whether my file really was fully reviewed! 16 days from start to completion seemed a bit fast considering they told me at the beginning to expect it to take 4-5 weeks!

x1Heavy and mp4694330 Thank this.
  9. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Recruiting and initial screening are done by an independent agency under contract. Final review and approval is then done by the LS safety department. Just get them what they need, or convince them they don't need it if that's the case.

I don't know why it takes so long for some applicants to get approved. I think it only took about two weeks in my case and I've heard from plenty of others who got approved that quick.

10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Well there you go, there's your 4 to 5 weeks.

Read my "Landstar So Far" thread.

Operations end of Landstar is awful. And that's sugar coating it.

whoopNride, x1Heavy and TomOfTx Thank this.
  11. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    I have read most of that thread. Most makes more sense as I (and others I suppose) actually experience it. ;)

So Dave, are there certain characteristics you have noticed about the agents that make it easier to separate the pros from the slimeballs? ;)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.