No start multiple TCM’s on 2008 T660

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Doubleeagle6165, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Doubleeagle6165

Doubleeagle6165 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Hoping for some help because multiple kenworth dealers seem to not be able to fix no start issue ...
    Truck has broken down 4 times in span of 2 months .... original repair was faulty TCM and ECM ... always same issue truck won’t crank or start ... 3 weeks after repair same issue ... towed to other kenworth dealer who says it was a loose ground wire ... and few weeks later same issue and starter was replaced by roadside at rest area and truck started right up ... was told had power at starter .. a few weeks later no start and mechanic at TA was able to jump starter solenoid and truck started but would no go into gear . and that brings us to now it’s currently at kenworth who says the AFTERMARKET TCM ( I was not told Original kenworth dealer used an aftermarket TCM ) is faulty and it was replaced and truck is starting and running ... They told me they checked wiring and NO PROBLEM FOUND ...
    I don’t know if anyone else has had similar issues but don’t really believe the TCM is the culprit

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    A partially corroded power wire to the TCM sometimes gets misdiagnosed as the TCM itself. See if they load tested the tcm power/ground

spsauerland Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.