No trailer brake lights 06 Volvo

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Lspilot82, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Lspilot82

Lspilot82 Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Hey guys, I wanted to post this here and see if you guys can help. Straight to the point I have no brake lights on the trailer. Truck brake lights work, but no trailer brake lights. Checked the pigtail and findf I'm not getting power out of one of the connections. Then I checked continuity and it checked out, then I hookedunp the pigtail from the truck and again one prong isn't given power. Started looking at the fuses and they are all good. The trailer stop lights is R3 relay, when I press the brake pedal it does click, but still nothing. What on Earth am I missing here?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Well, you have continuity across the pigtail. Do you have power to that pin at the back of the truck?

4. ErieMcDreary

ErieMcDreary Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Erie PA
    The trailer brake lights fuse on a Volvo are in that big fuse box under the hood, at least on the ones I drove.

5. Proxy

Proxy Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2018
    I had a similar issue on my KW recently but with the trailer tail lights. the main fuse box for trailers is under the hood as well for our KW's but for whatever reason I found one fuse inside the truck (behind kick panel) that was blown and it was labeled as trailer running lights, figured out the resistance in the cord was causing it to pop (lots of corrosion), changed the cord and fuse been good for 6 months. Maybe Volvo has one hiding as well? good luck!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.