No truck- just an FYI

Discussion in 'Swift' started by 1nonly, Jun 10, 2011.

1. AZS

AZS Honk if anything falls off

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    Oh no no, that new person will make that same run for $0.15 less a mile than she would receive. That's a huge savings!

halfburn, 1nonly and The Challenger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bluebonn

bluebonn Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Texas
    This is why you never take more than three days off. Why would anyone want to take a chance on a truck that may break down all the time giving up a truck you know and makes you money.

The only way around this would to go lease.. Sorry man hope you get a truck but I will never give up my truck. If they try to take it I will move onto better things,

4. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Terrible policy!

5. harleymanjax

harleymanjax Rookie Skateboarder

Dec 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Yet another reason why I would NEVER work for Swift!

LostOne9 and The Challenger Thank this.
  6. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    The burning sands of the SW
    If I've earned 8 days, I will take 8 days, not 3. I really don't care what truck I get. I absolutely refuse to be pushed into a lease. And I am not a man.:biggrin_25525:

The Challenger and SophieB Thank this.
  7. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Swift recruiters have job security !!!!!!

8. Texzonie

Texzonie Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Houston,Tx
    I think harleymanJax hit the nail on the head. No matter how someone tries to defend it, that's a completely disrespectful policy and says more about What Zswift thinks of their people than anything else. Swift is really in the gutter.

9. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    4 years of dedicated service is way more than they deserve. Move on and move up^.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  10. bluebonn

bluebonn Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Texas
    Well that is why you lost the truck. I get 8 days as well but I will not give my truck up so I only take three. Did not realize you where a girl sorry. Sorry to say but every time you do this be prepared to lose your truck and wait wait and wait for another one. Hope and pray it is a reliable truck and does not break down..

This policy sucks and is one reason why I am looking at other companies who do not do this. If you take that much time off maybe you should look into the family plan. maybe you will not have to wait for a truck when you come back dunno.

11. Business Reply

Business Reply Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2010
    High Desert CA
    Have a heart to heart with your DM. I run 6 to 8 weeks at a time and take 4 days off and keep my truck. I took 5 days once and had to empty my old one out but my DM called me the day before my PTA and gave me the truck number for my new one and had a load waiting for me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.