No where to park

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Kingty9183, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK

FlaSwampRat and bryan21384 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    True enough.....but not everybody can just up and change careers. Not everybody can just up and start a business. The reality is, the majority of people have to work for someone. We do live in a county of exploitation. Look at Carolina Cargo. They pay their drivers peanuts because they've screwed up in life. That's complete BS. They are performing the same skill we are. TIF they've paid their debt to society and cleaned up their act, why cant they be paid a legitimate trucking wage? Sometimes people have to do what they have to do instead of what they want to do. You need to understand that, and Carolina Cargo drivers are doing what they have to do, some will elevate, some wont. Some will do a totally different trade. So some may love driving, but nobody else will hire them.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    No they are not the same skill as us. If they were they could get a better job. People go to Carolinia for two reasons.
    One is they do not have the skills I do. If they did they would be able to get a job elsewhere. Stuff like getting into several wrecks, rolling over a truck, getting popped hot or drunk, etc.
    Two is they have stars in their eyes and think driving a big truck is cool, or whatever.

Both conditions have to be true, and both conditions are something the driver did to himself, no one else. There are plenty of industries where no one cares how much you drink, or smoke pot, or how many wrecks you've been in. Truck driving isn't one of them, so if the driver chooses to screw up his life then chooses to drive a truck, well there are consequences to the choices made.

Lepton1, MartinFromBC and TripleSix Thank this.
  5. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Uhhhhhh there are drivers who work for more reputable companies that do not have the same skills as we do. There drivers who have been in accidents, caught felonies, drank, smoked, the works, and work for reputable companies. Also, how so we know those drivers aren't skilled? There are boneheads and skilled drivers at every company....even Swift believe it or not lol

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN

20190722_093720.jpg
    Look at how this guy hailed this coil. This is what I saw once he took off his tarp. See, boneheads and low skill workers are everywhere. My guess is he dont work for Carolina

Lepton1, stayinback and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  7. Zoltan1a

Zoltan1a Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    This post sure got interesting! You are correct that it is not that easy to change careers these days. The days of walking into an establishment and selling yourself to the manager are gone. Everyone uses online programs and most applications are never read or the programs block you out if key phrases are not present on your resume. If you have done a job for too long they think it’s all you are capable of. You can be over educated and they don’t like it or undereducated and they won’t give you a chance. They make it sound easy, but it is not.

FlaSwampRat and bryan21384 Thank this.
  8. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You're exactly right about that. A job interview is far from selling yourself these days. It consists of, "Tell me a time when you did this," or "What would you do in this situation." We are in the era of analytics and prototypes based on analytics.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  9. how does a post disappear?
    I made a comment at 1:30 pm Saturday on this and it's not there that's interesting.. it's still in my activity though.

Attached Files:

10. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    You got that right, I just got back into driving and when I went for the interview not one question was asked about my previous 17 years of driving but they did ask the questions you mention and asked questions about teamwork. I thought it was kinda odd. No interest in any previous experience lol.

11. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    He musta only had 5 chains- You sure he didn't unsecure before you noticed anything? Im wondering Why He had the First one done-But not the last 2

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.