Nominations for worst co. To drive for in three decades. Heartland express # 1.

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by seekingwork101, Aug 24, 2013.

1. seekingwork101

seekingwork101 Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Doll Parts....It is gratifying to see that there is at least one, if not two terminals that can be considered as acceptable. Unfortunately, here on the East Coast, the terminals are not clean, nor do they operate them up to the same standard as those on the West Coast. Regarding my husband having a Masters Degree, I detected some level of sarcasm coming from you. Yet.....That is a fact. And he has been doing this type of work, by choice---Up until the present time.
    As for your statement to the effect that your spouse has never experienced any deliberate routing in the opposite direction, congratulations to you. The people in your terminal are obviously good, decent people. I strongly suggest you read posts by other drivers, not just by me. Because several, if not many, have mentioned the same behavior by Heartland Express. I still think that the showers they have for drivers here on the East Coast, is a reflection of what they think about their drivers. Before you make statements (I assume not based on first hand or personal experience) you should go see those terminals. Only after doing so, should you express your sentiments about the showers on the East Coast.
    I think you'll pass on my "wisdom" which by the way is not wisdom, but purely personal experience(s) The comments made alluding to the mafia, are my own personal opinion....Yet....Such opinion is based on personal experiences. You have no idea as to what I am talking about, because your life has not YET been affected by the actions of this company. Reading it is one thing. Going through it, personally, is another story. We were never looking for the perfect apple, because frankly I don't think such thing exists. On the other hand, we were not expecting for my husband's professional and personal life to be so totally destroyed and ruined by these people. Again, you will have no idea whatsoever, what it is like, until you personally are put in that predicament.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. seekingwork101

seekingwork101 Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Yes!!! Doll Parts. More dangerous than the mafia. Because when when a person chooses to work for the mafia, they at least know where they stand. They know the rules, and they know the consequences. With Heartland, however, it is impossible to know when one's last day,or even your last hour will be. A driver can sacrifice his or her sleep by trying to comply with their requests to take loads that they know perfectly well, cannot be delivered on time. As a driver, you are seldom home. Perhaps once per month, and even that will be as if pulling teeth. As if by actually giving you the time off, they are doing you a great favor. As if the driver doesn't deserve this time home. There is such lack of humanity in this company. You are good to them, only to the extent and for as long as you serve their purposes. What matters to them is the bottom line. And that....Doll Parts, is what I meant, when I said that they don't respect their drivers. They lie, they cheat, they go to extremes to accomplish their goals. All at the expense of, and on the back of their drivers. I read my post again, and you were correct. I should not have said that "All" terminal showers are filthy. I should have said: Heartland Express's showers for their drivers on the East Coast, are filthy. Visit the one in PA., and you'll know this is NOT an exaggeration on my part.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  4. RubberDuckie

RubberDuckie Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Was thinking of going with Heartland but yeeeaahhh....no.

Thank you OP. You have derailed this particular train headed for disappointment. Thank you very much.

5. HappyHardCore

HappyHardCore Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Heartland is a horrible company to work for.

There are times they'll give you a run that takes more than 11 hours drive time, and no time for 10 hour break. You need to figure it out without drawing attention from the log department or get fired for log violation. If you don't deliver on time then get fired cause other drivers willing to do what it takes (double log back in the days). Don't complain about anything or you'll get fired.

Home time probably average 12-24 hours once per month. They don't care if you have a doctors appointment. Suppose to get home every other weekend, but you always get the classic excuse of no freight heading towards home, so you'll just have to work 1 more week, and then next week same excuse all over again.

Trucks are basic. My first truck with them couldn't adjust steering wheel (height/tilt), no power windows/locks, passenger seat not air ride, no bunk bed (single only - they actually HATE you having passengers), no jake breaks (fun times in mountains), etc. So the very high per mile pay comes at the expense of giving you bare bones no comfort trucks to live in. They don't pay for tolls, and since must fuel at terminals you'll pay for showers out of your paycheck as well. That and not breaking 2k miles for the week, you'll average same net pay as working for other company, except being with Heartland is more stressful, like walking on egg shells.

6. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I still say that 4+ year old info is not all that helpful. But whatever

7. Coastline

Coastline Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I just left them..915 miles for the week . Truck was a mold smeiling un clean thing .
    The wind shield was very pitted and someone had left windshield wipers on and made it worst ,the steering box leaked and the seat was wore out and the lumbar woulnt hold air .
    Shop wouldn't be able to fix by the weekend with the shop full. I asked for another tractor and was told I would have to wait for that one!
    Told dispatch If I had to wait .Ill do that at home ! She told me to turn in the keys and cards and I promptly did . I wont play stupid with morons!
    Was hired at 40 cpm and they payed me at 37 and stole about eighty from the check that's not even clear for what .
    That was PHX terminal ...I will say it was clean and just ok for a drivers room .

I would suggest run away from heartless they lack integerty in a big way !

8. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I was gonna work for heartless about 2 years ago.Recruiter kept calling me twice a week for months
    while I thought about it.Talked to 7 or 8 of their drivers at the truck stops.I got the same venom from them I'm reading on this thread,not one had anything good to say about them.i took their advice
    and passed on the job.sometimes you get lucky...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.