Nonpayment Of Invoice

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by DSK333, Jun 8, 2018.

1. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    If less than 5k you can file in small claims court. You don't need a lawyer. A signed BOL and simply saying I haven't been paid is all you need. You can add a day's worth of pay for court cost to the summons. You get full payment.

Filing on a bond will be subject to being rejected. Discounts and unnecessary paperwork.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    Bringing up and old thread so as to not start a new one. Have a broker that is at 58 days without payment. They claim to have sent a check two weeks ago, but nothing arrived. Is it time to file on their bond? I don’t care about working with them again. It was a one off load out of a dead zone.

4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I think so. It should have arrived. To make a good faith effort, I'd call them and tell them to pay me over the phone with a comcheck as a last chance, if they declined, I'd file on their bond.

5. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    Their billing department doesn’t have a phone number. Had my wife send them an email stating that we need payment by Friday or we are filing against their bond.

6. Lightseeker35

Lightseeker35 Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2017
    Booked a load last week and failed to check the credit on the broker. I decided to call him directly and informed him of his bad credit, he was kind enough to explain the whole situation as to why their credit went down the drain and paid with comcheck right there and then before the load was even delivered. Sometimes it's good to catch these things beforehand. Hopefully these guys have integrity and pay you what is owed to you. Best luck.

7. Midnight_tim

Midnight_tim Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2018
    Just tell them to void the current check they have out for you (They should be able do this with no problem) and either overnight you a new one or pay you over the phone.

8. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Sounds like a tv sit com character. Maybe the modern family guy (who used to play Al Bundy)

9. ElijahJohn1

ElijahJohn1 Light Load Member

Nov 14, 2018
    What are QC/QA requirements? I'm guessing qa stands for quality assurance?

10. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    The brokerage is doing a direct deposit that will be in by the morning they say. We’ll see.

11. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I have called the bonding agents and asked how to file against a broker bond a few times.
    Usually that got me paid without actually filing the paperwork.

I only wait 35 days from sending invoice. Then I call bond company.

Good luck

Gumper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.