Normal for recruiter to basically ignore you?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Sir Grouch, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Oakland Raiders Forever

Oakland Raiders Forever Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Trucking jobs are a dime a 2 dozen

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Major difference in recruiting between a mega-carrier and a small company.

Our current recruiter has been in the role for 5 years. He took over when his predecessor retired. He's currently 61 himself, so he's likely out the door in another year when he gets his ARNG retirement checks and SS starts coming in. Heck, if my medical issue doesn't clear up, I'll likely fall into that role, and I am only 45... so I can give them a good 10-20 years in the role before training a replacement.

Its not hard at a small, family-owned company with only a 30-40% turnover rate, as you only need to find about 2 new drivers per month to fill seats of the retiring or the disgruntled (some people are never happy and are always looking for greener grass). Working for a mega-carrier with a 120%+ turnover? Definitely NOT my bag, baby! That would require an entire staff dedicated to beating the streets and beating the phones to find enough bodies to fill the seats. Purely a numbers game, just like when I was an Army Recruiter 20 years ago... and I HATED that role.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.