North by NorthEast by Choice - the saga of sadwar continues

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by sadwar, Jun 27, 2014.

1. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Thanks for the idea.....maybe I will get a pay raise for suggesting this idea to green bay.;)

TennMan and Home_on_wheels Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    We might get CHARGED but you won't get credit OR the RAISE......lol

jakecat22 Thanks this.
  4. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    The whole disqualification of ICs from using company cars is horse crap, period. I used to enjoy stopping at Carlisle and running up the road to grab some supplies. I keep a car in Charlotte for this purpose.

The more I see, the more intense my desire to separate myself from this undiluted BS.

PoleCrusher, popcorn169 and TennMan Thank this.
  5. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    So many drivers on the choice program always say the changes SNI makes don't affect them that SNI reads these threads and just continues to take from us, they manipulate and control what we do thru load board manipulation but some drivers feel as if it's ok to be treated this way and that SNI isn't at fault.

But then again when you've only been a company driver for 6 months to a year and you come over to choice and now pick where you go and make 2 or 3 hundred more a week than you did as a company driver you think this is the best thing going.

It's ok though eventually we all see the writing on the wall.

paul_4lp, PoleCrusher, 91B20H8 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. purplereign

purplereign Bobtail Member

May 7, 2016
    Yep. I've seen the writing on the wall...made decent enough money here but the BS is getting to be too much. Just accepted a driving job with Ashley Furniture. Good pay and home on the weekends. Good enough for me.

You all stay safe out here.

@freightwipper sorry about your engine issues. You're a good dude and I hope this setback dosent hurt you too badly.

-the artist formerly known as Fatdaddy.

7. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    What are you going to do about the truck lease?

8. purplereign

purplereign Bobtail Member

May 7, 2016
    My understanding is I can walk away. Only signed one year no deposit and ice completed more than half the lease. The only thing I'll lose is Maintance money and I've had some repairs done and it's not a significant amount.

PoleCrusher, Hegemeister and 48Packard Thank this.
  9. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Depends. After the halfway point, the additional advertised 3% penalty goes away. The loss of any funds left in the maintainence account is practically a given, no matter how clean and pristine you return the truck. Ultimately it will depend where I land. If I snag a great local gig paying over, say, 65 or 70k, the issue of the MMA won't come into play because it'll be worth it. If I end up with something paying less, I'll have to rethink it.

Nothing written in stone. But getting home every other weekend might make getting through the rest of the lease easier for Mrs. Packard and I.

Hegemeister and TennMan Thank this.
  10. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    Would love to meet some of you in person and pick your brain a bit but I pretty much stay to myself. I did like it when I came here but now things have changed and I am thinking twice about releasing. This week I have done a lot more thinking about things. I did have to leave the program a month or so when I first started but it was do to family medical issues. I was allowed back into the program after 2 months. I am going to finish the lease but who knows what will happen.

I did notice that some of the loads are not on the board that used to be. I did catch a load to one of the places that I used to go to and asked the receiving clerk if they still had these loads and they said that they still get these loads regularly but they come in on company trucks. So go figure. Things like this is what makes me want to look at other options.

Sorry for using this thread for ranting.

PoleCrusher, 48Packard and TennMan Thank this.
  11. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    When freight is in the tank which is it now.. more of our loads go on company trucks.
    It is what it is.

Hegemeister and popcorn169 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.