not a truck crash, but still worth mentioning

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by buddyd157, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Yes
    I also read an article that said there was a movie produced or director who was in another car that he almost hit before he crashed?
    I myself have had some hot headed occasions in my younger years in my 1970 442 olds where I laid down a couple of hundred feet of rubber fishtailing but never ran anybody off the road and then crashed violently?
    It’s my my belief that there is probably more to the story especially with his prior history.
    On another note did you see that Bruce Springsteen got his DUI dropped and got only a 540.00 fine for drinking in a closed area?
    From what I read the cop witnessed him do a shot of tequila and then got on his motorcycle and fired it up.
    When the cop investigated he found an empty tequila bottle and then Springsteen failed a field sobriety test.
    When asked to blow he refused.
    I don’t know what the rules are in New Jersey but in my state there is implied consent law which means if you refuse to blow it’s an automatic suspension of your drivers license?
    When I drive down i95 I see the billboards for DUI that always state “you just blew $10,000.00”
    I guess the $10,000.00 is for regular people not the famous ones?

Bud A. and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i just checked on Tiger's age....he is 45 years old. he has kid(s). at what point and time, does one "grow up" and become an adult?

i thought that Springsteen, actually blew something like a .002..????

An Attorney Explains How Bruce Springsteen Got A DWI Without Being Drunk
    The 71-year-old singer was cited for driving while intoxicated, despite the fact that he reportedly had a 0.02 blood-alcohol content.
    How Bruce Springsteen Got A DWI Without Being Drunk

Hulld Thanks this.
  4. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    As far as tiger goes we see these type issues with a lot of young rising stars because growing up with their fame they don’t have to follow many of the rules that us common people are held to.
    With that being said the issues just cascade bigger as they get older.

on the Springsteen thing I think the lawyer who made that statement (and is not involved in the case in anyway) is trying to push fake news.
    All the reports I have seen stated he failed the physical field sobriety test and then refused a breathalyzer test?

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  5. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yeah, personally, i am not following the Springsteen news. he's never been a singer i ever listened to.

as for Tiger, yeah again....no restraints, no discipline, no father to club him in the head, to straighten him out.

i grew up in a whole different time. when getting smacked when you did something wrong, was the thing to do, to make you walk that straight and narrow line...or ELSE.

Hulld Thanks this.
  6. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    You said it !
    I grew up exactly the same way.
    I don’t think any of us turned out bad for the discipline we learned either?
    Imagine what the US military has to deal with today when 18 year old kids show up with no discipline for boot camp?
    They probably can’t even yell at them because it might hurt their feelings.

hotrod1653, InTooDeep and buddyd157 Thank this.
  7. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    lol...gotta love Sgt. Carter.....
    [​IMG]

or ...Gny Sgt. Hartman.....

[​IMG]

Hulld Thanks this.
  8. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    PYLE!!!!!!!!!
    I can still hear it lol
    Loved that show.

buddyd157 and InTooDeep Thank this.
  9. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    With an estimated net worth of ~$900 million, future income stream is likely not a concern.

If he never golfs again, he'll continue to make more in endorsements for the rest of his life than probably anybody on this forum will ever earn working.

Bud A. and AModelCat Thank this.
  10. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    :biggrin_2559:

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  11. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i do believe, that was a very young Rob Reiner (meathead in, All in the family) in that pic with Sgt. Carter.

yup, just looked it up

1967–1969 Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. Various characters 3 episodes

Rob Reiner - Wikipedia

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    hotrod1653 and Hulld Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.