Not a word about this in the trade mags

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Peplow, Oct 11, 2023.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. classicxl

classicxl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2006
  3. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    The results of Driver Inc. I would imagine.Why would they keep working for this outfit when they weren't getting paid.

4. Phantom Trucker

Phantom Trucker Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Calgary, AB
    If these are incorporated driver’s, should they really be getting assistance from the labour board like this? Technically wouldn’t they be considered to be self-employed, therefore making this a dispute between two businesses?

5. BLBurton

BLBurton Light Load Member

Nov 3, 2022
    Thats the problem of Driver Inc. It has benefits are attractive to some - such as tax evasion and tax write offs they shouldn't have, and other perks of having an incorp earning $. But erodes their employee protections that they should have. Often a trade off many will take and hope they get a decent employer that wont screw them over.

6. ilovetruckz

ilovetruckz Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2021
    Brampton. 'Nuff said. How dumb do you have to be to stick around after not being paid ONCE on time? $13,000? LOL. Moron.

7. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    Buddy you guys wouldn't believe the stuff I have seen in these driver inc contracts. The last company I worked for pushed me hard to run incorporated but I stayed payroll. If you went incorporated and had an accident, you had to pay the $10,000 deductible and towing/recovery costs. If you got any tickets you had to pay to get it challenged in court. Also if you were late for a delivery they would deduct $500 from your pay. I don't know who in their right mind would sign papers for a company like that.

8. EvertonP

EvertonP Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2022
    but they can write off a portion of their cell bill so they’re better off than us. Says every driver inc driver I’ve ever talked to

9. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    They were employees, so covered under federal labour law. Several orders for payment, company refuses to pay. Not surprised.

10. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Yes, stay away from Brampton.

What ever happened to, the cheque isn't there on Friday? I don't work on Monday.
    ??

I have little to no sympathy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.