Not getting shower credits when I fuel at

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Concorde, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Loves and Pilot. ..what the heck am I doing wrong!!

I'm on a 34 reset at Pilot in Colonial Heights VA and fueled up when I got here. Just checked "My Pilot" rewards and there's nothing there even though the fuel was around $350.00. I swipe my company's credit card then my rewards card and do not get a receipt when done at the pump.

Same with Loves...I've fueled up at least twice there an twice at Pilot and no credits show up...

I'm a new driver and only been solo for 9 days...what gives....what am I doing wrong?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Go to a fuel desk and ask if they can call up a recent receipt and add your rewards card to these purchases after the fact. Maybe you haven't yet activated these cards?

TequilaSunrise and Finfn1372 Thank this.
  4. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Have you gotten shower credits before, and it's just now withholding them?
    You might need to register your rewards card in order to get any of the benefits. Ask in the store, they can most likely answer you far better than we can. Although, since you didn't save your receipts, I'm not sure they will be able to look up your transaction to credit you for a shower. Message your point of contact at your company and ask if they'll reimburse for a shower, until it all gets sorted out. Don't be like the negative stereotypes in trucking, and just not shower....

Concorde Thanks this.
  5. dngrous_dime

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Exactly what I was in the process of saying. lol

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Fuel desk will fix it for you.

TequilaSunrise and Concorde Thank this.
  7. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Raise Cain.... sometimes it looks like the normal process then screws up... they will fix it for you. And if they don't, just wait around the drivers lounge with your stuff...they are usually pretty good about having 50% or so of the showers in need of cleaning while a dozen drivers are quietly waiting and only let their discontent be known on an anonymous internet forum.. just snipe a shower room when the custodian isn't looking... Easier to do in evening/night.

BigTizle and Concorde Thank this.
  8. HaulinCars

HaulinCars Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Central Florida
    Agree. Fuel Desk.

In the mean time if you need a shower just ask another driver at the fuel desk if he has an extra one. At Pilot/FJ if a guy has "Shower Power" (Not real hard to get to that status) he gets 2 a day every day and will likely be happy to give you one. Just don't use that plan as a normal deal. As a back up for the occasion when for whatever reason you don't have a current shower available on your account its OK, but not as a normal routine. And be sure to pay it forward once your issue is fixed and you run across some other SOB in need.....

9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Pilot's shower credits expire after 57 minutes ...

DoubleO7, jammer910Z and Knucklehead Thank this.
  10. dngrous_dime

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    The ones you redeem, yeah. The ones you've earned are good for 10 days, if I recall.

11. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Mystery solved at Pilot...I was given a "preferred customer" card and not the "professional driver" card.

Thanks everyone

austinmike, TequilaSunrise and pattyj Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.