Not making enough at CREngland

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by newtothisrgv, Feb 12, 2024.

1. newtothisrgv

newtothisrgv Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2024
    Yeah I’m not. because I know how I reacted. Your making assumptions based on a thread where the accident wasn’t the point of the question, if you would like I can make a thread where I give details about the accident and my response and thought processes and then we can go discuss it over there. So just want to clarify that I’m not offended and don’t mean to offend, but that’s why I just glossed over the accident.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
    Albertaflatbed Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newtothisrgv

Feb 12, 2024
    @Chinatown i don’t have any endorsements. I’m currently residing in the Rio grande valley of south texas. During my next home time I will see if I can get a copy of tanker info and start studying to get that. I just need to take the test correct? Or do I need specialized training at a school for that? If you don’t know that’s okay I can ask the DMV

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Albertaflatbed

Albertaflatbed Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2022
    Nisku, AB
    Like all the above folks have said, the first year is tough. You are learning as you go, everything is new, pay is low, its a grind. Liek you said "I left the family for $100 a week more"...yeah its hard to justify when looked at that. Its the long game to try and keep focused on.

My first year was a disaster, but learned alot and took my lumps with DOT several times. I smartened up, got serious and found what areas I love doing in trucking. With a bit of expereince I sarted making a good wage, and 12 years later am making very good money doing linehaul and home daily. Most runs for me are 12 hours and I wiork the same 5 days each week with the same start time.

The guys above know what they are talking about, stay focused on the long game and it will be more than worth it.

Chinatown, newtothisrgv and bryan21384 Thank this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    One of the most important things to have in trucking is patience. You're only 4 months in. During your first year, the money is up and down. If you went to CRE's CDL school, you'll be on the hook for whatever you owe to them should you leave. Then you may set yourself back in trying to get that home for your family that eludes you. When you switch companies your first year, it's most likely a lateral move. You may not command more money than you're making now. Then you'll have to prove yourself to another company all over again, and starting from the bottom in terms of gaining the trust of a whole new dispatch team. It's better to wait a year, get more cpm, and have endless options for companies to choose from. There are some high paying companies that are powerhouses in the industry, but they fall under the radar. They just require that full year. Once it warms up, freight takes off. Don't get seduced by the lease. Anything that's worth it, in this case a house for your family, be patient.

newtothisrgv and Albertaflatbed Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    For tanker, just take the test at the DMV.
    For those high paying linehaul jobs you'll need all the endorsements which include hazmat.
    There's several companies for linehaul; here's just one:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
    newtothisrgv Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's another one:
    [​IMG]

8. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    NOTE: The above-referenced LTL carriers all will want AT LEAST ONE YEAR of previous experience elsewhere -- plus (as mentioned above) ALL the relevant CDL endorsements.

-- L

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Rio Grande Valley, Texas
    [​IMG]

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Is there an Old Dominion Freight Line terminal in Rio Grande?
    This company hires right out of cdl school.
    [​IMG]

11. newtothisrgv

Feb 12, 2024
    I’ll look into it, regardless I need to start studying lol

dosgatos Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.