Not No To Jb Hunt, Hell No!!!

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by burrows8365, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Oh, none at all in MA, where if your illegal alien, then your not illegal. Aunt Zatuni, for one. Not defending CA, or trying to put you down Raven, I've lived in both states, most of my life in MA, had to get out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RavenRyder

RavenRyder Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2013
    MA
    I'm in no way saying any place in this country is free of resident aliens... and of course you're going to find them in any major city because it's so easy to blend in.... It just struck me funny to see the post that OMG... JB is hiring green cards in Cali... like most companies in most places they will take advantage of hiring those who will work for less because it's still more for them.... but it just screws the rest of us...

4. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    I can surely agree with you (to a certain extent). Lots of cities throughout history here in the good ole USA. Even as far back as when Christopher Columbus first set foot here. Even then they had "aliens". It wasn't my point. What I meant was that JB hunt engages in alot of cut throat business tactics. Its just all about profit. Which is fine. I mean we do live in a democracy of free enterprise. That's fine. But most drivers I spoke with just weren't that happy there. 1800 mile weekly average. I felt lied to. Then I find out they use a 3rd party recruiting service that gets paid based on commission. They are downsizing the entire fleet (I found out after the fact, when they took my truck away to sell it off). I mean, like I said, some guys are doing ok. The parking lot at JB has a few nice cars. But most of the vehicles there are barely running. If I can't at least afford a nice car, then why do it? Jb was not providing enough for me to want to stay.

5. RavenRyder

Feb 18, 2013
    MA
    Unfortunately they are just one piece of the crumbling economic situation here... why are all our jobs gone overseas...? For the Same reason that the Walton family (walmart) have the same amount of economic value as the bottom 40% of the population... yet pull every trick in the book to not pay a fair wage or benefits to their employees... like they can't afford it. I always thought they couldn't outsource my job... then they started to try to make it legal for mexican trucks and drivers to deliver anywhere in the US. When I look at the wealthy such as the Waltons who prey on the hundreds of thousands that they do... I have as much sympathy for them as they do for us... I'll probably catch alot of flack, but... I would get the Pay per view to see the gallows in the town square... I have had it with the wealthy and the politicians they control... We have been sold out....
    I saw another post of a driver telling of a JB recruiter who basically told him 'you might as well come work for us now... because we're going to have it all..' I am paraphrasing but you get the idea... On the subject of 3rd party recruiters... they are absolutely all over here in the northeast... But they are located down south.. arizona... wisconsin... with 800 numbers... they just clog up places like Craigs list... and indeed... it's become a big industry in itself... I call them headhunters... working for all the national outfits... I've learned to weed them out... I've been looking for a job for a year... but I'm not quite to the point of taking anything... I won't work as a slave for pennies... and that is what the 'Man' is trying to do to us.

Professional-Trucker Thanks this.
  6. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    In major cities they do this all the time, but I am sure they have the same process as us, I dont like the idea but thats me and I am sure a few will agree. Its like they wanted to change interstate driving to 19 that didnt pass. Now they just hire anyone who can make it to a truck school .

7. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    That's right man. Unions are also not the answer. There is a type of balance that happens in nature. We humans are a part of it. The top 1% can only go so far without needing the 99%. It will all work out. The good book has answered more of my questions than anyone here on earth. (Im not crazy btw)

8. RavenRyder

Feb 18, 2013
    MA
    I know you answered an earlier post somewhere on here concerning that trailer but you never said what commodity was being hauled that needed a 3 axle tractor and a 4 axle trailer... and refrigerated to boot... as I ask it occurs to me that it might be something sensitive... if you can't say I could understand that...

9. RavenRyder

Feb 18, 2013
    MA
    I don't believe the union is the be all, end all either... they served their purpose at one time... but if you think about it... did they not protect workers back then from business owners who are basically doing the same things today...? Why can't people just do the right thing on their own...? mmmm Again... the root of all evil... money... sad...

10. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    its called insitutube. They are liners for sewer lines and some water lines. they have styrene in them and thats a flamable substance. The refers keep the product cold to keep from setting the styrene off. The make 6 inch liners up to about 100+ inches. Sometimes loads areover 165,000 pounds

this is an idea of what it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHY_QlE0Yzg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  11. RavenRyder

Feb 18, 2013
    MA
    That's pretty cool... Never had a clue such a thing existed... thanx for sharing....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.