Not So Rusty After All, Hit & Quit. No Way

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by FEELTHEWHEEL, Jun 7, 2011.

1. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    i find the middle pedal would work good in this kind of incident--that and watching where you are going
    i really cant say anything--i punted one of those big orange barrels with my monte carlo --going down the qew --cant remember if i got ahead of him--but i remember that barrel got some pretty good air

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    If your co driver wasnt wearing his seatbelt then that nice trip to the floor would remind him next time eh ;)

4. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
  5. end of the road

end of the road Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Northern Canada
    You need to get some better eye-lead time. Personally I think you should have saw the ending lane long before it became critical. If you were traveling with a truck right beside you, that is another no-no. If he/she was passing back off a bit and let them get around. Try to keep the lane beside you open as an "out" in case of emergency. Running out of lane is not an emergency, that is 100% driver error in my opinion. But opinions are like ##########, everybody has one.

mtnMoma Thanks this.
  6. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Yes, my friend, the company paid the ticket. Just like FFE paid a ticket for me one time, THEN deducted it from my paycheck !:naka:

Wargames and mtnMoma Thank this.
  7. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    Well bud, Seems like most of us agree, You done f_ _ _D up. Your 20 years credit, goooinnnggg Downnnn. :biggrin_2559: But I think you`ll get through it all. :biggrin_2559:

8. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

ARIZONA Failure to Control

28-701. Reasonable and prudent speed; prima facie evidence; exceptions

A. A person shall not drive a vehicle on a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the circumstances, conditions and actual and potential hazards then existing. A person shall control the speed of a vehicle as necessary to avoid colliding with any object, person, vehicle or other conveyance on, entering or adjacent to the highway in compliance with legal requirements and the duty of all persons to exercise reasonable care for the protection of others.

2 points

9. whosedog

whosedog Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2009
    fair lawn nj
    Any decent GPS would have verbally alerted you ahead of time if you failed to see the sign unless it was a temporary lane closure.I don't know why so many older drivers fail to see the value of this technology. IMO it's a necessary tool, not that you rely on it exclusively,just an additional precautionary measure.And if you paid for the realtime traffic alertsit would have alerted you even if it was a temporary closure,but what do I know.

10. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Using the OLD TECHNOLOGY of Looking out the WINDSHIELD and adjusting the driving accordingly works just great.

They did not just invent LANE closures , its summer CONSTRUCTION time you need to be on the ball.

Wargames, mtnMoma, leannamarie and 5 others Thank this.
  11. sidepocket

sidepocket Light Load Member

Mar 1, 2011
    louisa, va
    Wow!

Really cant say much to stand up for the OP. Imagine if the road barricades would have been jersey walls or machinery or even highway workers!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.