Not that new driver just a new experience

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by timidlady, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I was on the road when my physician called me about some of my medical test results. I won't get too deep into this, but it did depress me somewhat. At first, I was told my neurological problems were manageable, but he could no longer advise me to drive a CMV. I was only about 2 days from Atlanta. I spoke to my mother's old Pastor on the phone and told my FM had an emergency and had to go home. Once at my home terminal, I cleaned out my tractor and left. It just so happened I was about to change jobs to become a safety critter here in the Norfolk Virginia area and moved here. Then my health issues got much worse. However, I never stopped my fight. I hope you don't have cancer. I was diagnosed with epilepsy and I am eaten up with osteoarthritis today. I am almost bound to a wheelchair today. You got to fight! This saying from the movie The Shawshank Redemption is something I have on a poster near my desk. NEVER EVER GIVE UP THAT FIGHT!

Crude Truckin' and jammer910Z Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    A growth that keeps bleeding is nothing more than a boil. Just pop it and keep it moving.

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  4. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    I have to agree with @"semi" retired here. I wouldn't wish anyone ill will and I hope you seek medical attention ASAP.
    I have to say that most of the posts I've read from you are extremely dramatic, and quite personal concerning your life history.
    It's not that I don't care about others, and I would probably help a stranger in an emergency situation, but we ALL have drama in our lives. It may be health issues, financial problems, marriage and family problems, fill in the blank.
    It's unusual for you to publish all of these issues on a public forum with complete strangers.
    Again, I wish you the best of luck, and wouldn't discourage you from being an active member of TTR, but maybe tone down the drama a bit, and you will find that making some lighthearted discussion will be better received...
    Think of this forum as a friendly lunch counter at a truck stop, at least that's how I view it.
    No offense meant, just some friendly advice from a stranger at a "lunch counter";)

5. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I used to be a staff critter on another "mostly" trucking forum much like this one. I remember spending a lot of time with people that wanted to post highly personal information then got annoyed when another criticized them. I finally decided to "moderate" all of them. This is not the proper venue to get into the driving forces behind social media so I will stop now.

6. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Speaking as somebody who has very fair skin and has been fighting skin growths his entire life and visits a dermatologist frequently to get things removed, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that you don't have cancer. Malignant growths don't pop up suddenly and bleed. Cancer is slow growing on the skin and takes quite a while to develop. Sounds like you have a pyogenic granuloma, which is basically a fast growing mole or skin tag that's full of blood vessels and bleeds very easily. My 25 year old daughter had one last year on her chest that scared the heck out of her, but that's what it turned out to be.

People always think the worst when something unusual pops up on their body. Stop sweating the little stuff and get on with life. On a side note, they're very common with pregnant women, so that's something worth looking into.

jammer910Z and theSoz Thank this.
  7. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    I'm not annoyed or bothered in the least...
    No one forced me to read, or respond to the OP's posts, and I could certainly choose to ignore them all entirely. It's well within my rights here...
    I really was just offering an opinion, of which there are no shortage of on this site, and possibly advising the OP that perhaps this isn't the proper forum for these types of discussions.
    It's all good, really...

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  8. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I agreed with your opinion as well. I was just expressing the fact that this happens all over the internet. These types of forums are not as numerous they once were. Driving a truck even most local drivers included seen to have a lot of time alone. Social media is their contact with the "world". People feel comfortable saying things about themselves on the internet they would never say in public. Sometimes this is not wise.

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  9. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    100 to 1 we'll never know how this turns out.
    There's a pattern that's been set.

Pour gas.
    Let fumes fill the area..
    Toss match.
    Never revisit thread.

10. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    Then start a new thread.

jammer910Z Thanks this.
  11. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    When I typed out my comment in post #11 I was attempting to convey a simple point. If you make a long enough career out of OTR or regional trucking you are at a higher odds of getting bad news from home, or just bad news in general. I have lost count of the number of drivers that found out their wives (husbands) have taken off. I received bad health news. My father was somewhere out west back in 1972 when his mother died it took almost a day to get the word out to him. Another friend had a North Carolina state trooper to stop him back in the 80s to have him call home. His son had been killed in a car accident. I was sitting at the Rip (off) Griffins (now a TA) on I 10 west of Phoenix when a driver was told to call home because his mother had cancer. I can recount around 4 or 5 times over my career watching EMTs pull drivers out of their trucks. (redacted) happens, it's as much a part of life as watching your kids play.

This is another reason I tried to always have emergency money on me. There are just those times when you have to find a secure place to park and get on a flight home.

This is one of the ugly sides of trucking. Life comes at you, and life doesn't give a dang if you are ready!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.