Notre Dame spire burns and collapses.

Discussion in 'Other News' started by MACK E-6, Apr 15, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There were quite a few items saved. Some crucial to French Identity as a Nation that built this place for the Glory of God. Too many to list. They were not able to get everything out but 500 motivated firefighters are working the place.

The stained glass windows are gone. The heat would have been too much for them this time. They are secured mostly by very expert lead skeleton items and they would not have withstood the heat.

Finally a group of 16 or so metal saints were flown off the roof yesterday by Crane. No one knew how important it would have been do get that done then.

It is apparent from some of the pictures the firefighters wisely stay out of the main halls where you can see the roof system on fire above. If the arches fail it can absolutely kill people under neath.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Final post. If you look at the imagery of the Altar with the Golden Cross, on the far back wall you notice candlesticks. Really big ones.

You would think those things would have melted already.

Dave_in_AZ and mhyn Thank this.
  4. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    what I am thinking this church can be restored...and all wooden parts of building must be replaced by stone or metall. the building must be fireproof..

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    What you ask requires deconstructing the Bell towers among other things to remove the wood.

I agree that as far as possible when they build a new replacment Dame in place whatever was wood needs to be gone. There are materials you can use which is pretty fireproof but not completely.

They are going to have to build a proper fire fighting system internal to the new build. I tell you this, Seeing how hot that fire was in the core an roof area and seeing some of the internal photos come out I find it amazing that it did as well as it did. It's going to be expensive to rebuild. My ex traveled Europe and remembered visiting there as if she was there yesterday. We'll see what she thinks when more of these photos come out.

The closest to a really big proper Cathedral in the medieval style would be Ely Cathedral in Suffolk UK NE of London OR more precisely Ely town on the main hill. That one has been in place for close to a thousand years built similar footprint (Cross) but did not have the flying buttress technology which I am evidently gaga over these days. I visited that one back in summer of 87. I think the Church of England under Her Majesty would be the recognized State Religion at that time and probably still is. Essentially Roman Catholic. I am a Lutheran of the old school but too many years have passed since my time. Differences would be relatively minor.

What I don't yet know is the status of the Organ system in the Dame. Its very extensive and France would be the only one capable of replacing that in full if necessary. It will take months to build and tune in place the replacement.

I am familiar with certain insulation that is designed for fireproofing as I explored that possibility for our old home in Arkansas. But realized that the structure itself, should it burn will be consumed so rapidly there is no point in spinning money to try and defend such a place. If you are going to build a home with fire defenses do it from the beginning.

Dave_in_AZ and mhyn Thank this.
  6. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Ironic it happened on the 107'th anniversary of the Titanic sinking.

tucker Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I have been working on the possibility that there has been many attacks already. I do not follow the MSM model either. In fact, I generally reject them as front line news sources. If I cannot collaborate or meet a second or third source as fact then it's not something I want to take at face value. Your post is a absolutely valid one. I can add more and dare I say ongoing attacks from those who forced their way into Europe within the last few years from the Middle Eastern Lands.

I also recall a post I had found back in 2014 or so where it is known that the refugees were all tied to one sheet of music, that which administered by their Imams and so forth locally wherever they may go all over the world. The Shia in particular make sure that young ones are turned radical and set to war against the Christian church and any other organization deemed unbeliever within their set of beliefs as laid down around the 7th Century AD; The Muslim world is experiencing a conflict between Shia and Sunni and so on so forth etc.

I am not your opponet, and I have a habit of being what is called "Theatrical" in certain expressions. That stems from the Deaf Culture where a expressed idea, concept or something too .. fantastical to be believed at face value gets laughed off. (The Hearing World equivalent would be the worn out Conspiracy Theory etc)

In real life, if I did not laugh I should cry. I was pretty close to it when I realized that there is a enormous amount of wood inside that building as it burned yesterday. It takes alot to get me to that point.

In our area we actually believe it or not have been experiencing a new dimension among a tiny percentage of our Population engaged in Satanism, Warlocks and so on. In this Country they are free to do it. However this area is pretty big on being a stronghold for God. I have yet to see excessive attacks from Muslim who are not a big percentage of our population here. Most certainly some of the doctors we go to are Muslim and we are extremely careful to talk strictly medicine related things. Nothing else. The Arab world enjoys a certain amount of learning that rivals Venice, Milan, Alexandria and other centers where Humanity was advanced forward in gaining knowledge that is legit and applicable even today.

I had a classmate growing up in my math class at the deaf school. She showed up during the Carter Administration more or less. What happen was she was born and raised strictly Iranian. The schools taught her death to America, Death to Israel and so on. All the symbols of our unbelieving infidel ways are also part of the vile things that these people are taught to revile and seek to destroy. I am well aware that there have been a number of churches and even a few Synagogues having endured attacks. Some of which hurt people. Her parents took her fled to Italy from Iran and once into Europe went straight to the USA. Became Citizens the hard and legal way. She was pretty Americanized by the time she was with me in classes during 10th grade. However our basic differences could not be more stark. And led to really good converstations between the two of us when we could sneak the time to do it. I for one was trying to make sure that she was indeed Americanized and she can forget about those death songs in elementry school. But she cannot forget. Not since the Shah was overthrown in Iran.

I probably shared some thoughts or positions that might have stepped on a few toes. It cannot be helped. The main thing is that I would think at the end of the day, they would know which so and so left the welding torch burning at the spire by accident. If that is what it was. whoops. All burned down, whoopsie did I do that? (A cookie to those of you knowing the origin of this line)

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  8. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Paris has a lot of Problems with those we do not speak of.

10 years ago We spent a week with dear friends of my girlfriends parents at their estate just outside of Paris.

It was rearing it’s ugly head way back than.

Frikin Liberals

And the cathedral was breathtaking.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    The way the fire damaged the cathedral made me think of another French “treasure” that burned because of a misplaced oxyacetylene torch-the S.S. Normandie.
    SS Normandie - Wikipedia

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you want a sea story check out the Vaterland, aka USS Leviathan. She was seized by the USA in ww1, served as a troopship (My grandfather was on this one to France for that war with his division) and between the wars hauled 250,000 without making a cent. (Prohibition made American ships dry in those years.) She was scrapped in Rosyth Scotland, her propellers and stern section is probably there to this day. She also gained fame as facing hurricane winds at 100+ and 90 foot waves off Cheoburg France incurring minor damage and a couple dozen injuries. Not lastly she was once a spanish flu ship, 2000 sick out of 9000 troops and 80 dead in less than a week. (There was 2000 crew as well total of 11000+ souls aboard that voyage to france, the spanish flu eventually warehoused people by the thousands until they either recovered or died) And finally but not last just after Prohibition she will fill the ship with people intent on one thing. Drinking beyond the 12 mile National Limit at sea on day trips did not make a dollar doing that)

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  11. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Very familiar with the “Levi Nation”. She along with a few other German liners were seized to be used as troopships. Here’s one that was a real prize due to her cargo.
    SS Kronprinzessin Cecilie (1906) - Wikipedia

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.