Nyc walmart goes union a first.

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by jubajajo1, Feb 4, 2011.

1. bowman316

bowman316 Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2010
    aberdeen, md
    it reminds me of the russian's shooting down hijacked planes, instead of negoating.

The russian's would rather loose 200 of their own people, than appear weak.
    Wal-mart would rather tear down a brand new store, and take a 500 million dollar loss, than allow unions.

ruling with an iron fist!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Good for Walmart. I don't like Walmart, but do appreciate them for standing up to the shakedown of the unions. I don't see Walmart ever allowing unions to dictate how they do business. Perhaps it will be a lesson for others who wish to put their jobs on the line to join a union. If you don't like the wages offered by ANY company then don't go to work for them.

4. deathrider

deathrider Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Virginia
    I remember the walmart closing due to "lost profits"

what most people do not know is.............

well Walmart had the meat cutters in several states join the united food & comercial workers union around 10 to 12 years ago? memory doent recall exactly, I think in Dallas, & Atlanta plus a few others, but when Wallyworld saw the writing on the wall they fired all meat cutters across the USA, then they get in pre packaged meat, which is irradated, or gassed, & have clerks stock it.

go ask them to cut a ham? or country ham? or get a "special" cut of anything. it is not going to happen. I make my living cutting meat & I know what I am talking about, & in no way will any meat that they sell going to be ate by me.

I only shop food stores that have full service.

also lets not forget about wally world hurting this nation, by hurting all the small mom & pop places, small independent grocers, hardware. fruit stands.

as everyone can tell I only shop wallyworld in a total emergency, when what I need is not available anywhere else, & never any meat items, & I do mean NEVER!

Randy

5. samcro

samcro Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2011
    the desert north of ellay
    Exactly. It was an agreement for unionized construction companies/workers only.... but, it does leave the door open a crack for us to exploit when we (Teamsters) organize them with the UFCW.

6. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Why not just leave them run their business their way instead of trying to force your will on them.

And people wonder why businesses leave this country. :biggrin_25521:

misterG Thanks this.
  7. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    Yes you did, some people can't stand unions because they can't stand prosperity.

8. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    And some people can't stand unions because they like to think for themselves.

end of the road, misterG and kwforage Thank this.
  9. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
  10. deathrider

deathrider Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Virginia
    I am completely for a union for walmart. they need it, I have known a lot of employees, & they are badly mistreated.

I know of another store thats non union, & they treat their employees fairly, & pay them a decent wage.

I know of another company that mistreats their employees, & if it was not for the union, they would be the worst company out there. when contracts come up they have tried to cut wages, cancel insurance, fire older employees, they had a buy out where they paid older employees to quit quite some time ago.

that company is "self insured" & they sat aside so much for insurance in a "fund" they intentionally miscalculated, so the fund would run out, so when employees in 1 barganing area for the last year of the contract had no insurance, but employees didnt find out until it was too late.

how would you like to have insurance deducted from your pay, & go in for surgery & find out that the "fund" is out of money & you owe the whole hospital bill? it has happened for 1 major company, & they have well in excess of 1 million employees across the USA. the union fixed that so it can never happen again, but company keeps doing stuff underhanded, I am sick of it. I want out, & thats why I am here learning, &o get away from the madness, & to understand this madness. lol....

I am pro union where it is needed, but it has its bad points as well. bad workers versus good workers, high paid employees wanting more! more! more! I have seen it all over my last 25 years, eing associated with unions.

Randy

11. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    Then those employees will vote, and they will think and decide for themselves.

No one can "impose" a union on anyone, workers have to vote, unless those workers already "voted" in the union.

As opposed to government regulations, where we have little choice but to comply.

walleye Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.