O.O companies with no company drivers & load board access?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by crocky, Nov 7, 2018.

1. back street slider

back street slider Light Load Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Belleville,Il
    I have know idea, sorry

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. InterstateDublin

InterstateDublin Bobtail Member

May 24, 2018
    US 1 is an option, though I recommend not going unless you have your own trailer. It’s an 80/20 split with the huge self insured discounts and pushing about 50 cents a gallon off at Pilot Flying J. I was with them for awhile, easy to work with... my draw back and their piggy bank is on the trailer; if you rent a trailer from them your split drops to 75/25 on top of paying $660 a week for a reefer... got friends there still who own their own trailer and doing extremely well.

GreatWide is another option, if you get the right agent then you can use whatever load board you want as long as the broker is approved. A 75/25 split here, I paid $389 a month insurance @ $72k value and includes break down insurance and buy back insurance. You can run power only, get a trailer through them ($190 a week) or bring your own. Comdata is used, average about 50-60 cents off, and after here for a few months and show your mettle, then you can set up to get 35% of the pay each load when loaded instead of using fuel card like a credit card, currently have over $15k on card from excess “fuel advances” set back for repairs or just time off. Build a relation with agent and dispatch showing them you know what your doing before going after “self dispatch.”

4. Aiceisoasis

Aiceisoasis Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2022
    Are you still driving? Do you still recommend landstar since they take so much and freight rate is crap right now?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.