o/o company paying percent of customer freight Brokered by customers I bring in while working.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by integralx2, May 21, 2017.

1. integralx2

integralx2 Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2011
    i am currently an O/O working for a small O/O company. I am averaging around $4-5k range gross per week doing dry van here. Home on weekends. They have brokered freight and customers freight. I like their model cause they CC me a copy of the rate either from customer or broker so I know they are not skimming, plus they allow me to interact with the customers.

So they recently started a program that any customers I bring and they broker their freight, they will pay 40% to me. This applies to the freight that is brokered. I brought in a customer who does about 5-8 moves a week. They CC'd me on the email on the contract they entered and I'm CC'd on all moves the customer makes so I am aware of what is being brokered by the carrier. So if they broker a load and make $100 of the load, $40 goes to me. It doesn't seem a lot initially but figured if I get more , it's significant amount.

Basically, is the above scheme this company is doing common?

Al. Roper Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Al. Roper

Al. Roper Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Bakersville NC
    I've heard of this model before. No personal experience with it, but congrats. Sounds like you are at a place that actually values their business partners.

Nostalgic and bulldawg trucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.