O/O in search of good company

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by TruckerJ78, Feb 22, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TruckerJ78

TruckerJ78 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2024
    Florida
    Looking for suggestions on good companies that will lease my truck on. Looking for more than the big box companies are willing to do, honest pay for honest work, wont haul cheap freight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tadpolly1966

tadpolly1966 Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2017
  4. TruckerJ78

Feb 18, 2024
    Florida
    In my opinion loads that go hundreds or even a thousand+ that is below what it takes to keep you running and your family fed. I've seen loads posted going 1k+ miles well under $2 per mile average and I've seen loads for $5+ per mile average, if it's not covering the cost to get you to a better load a couple hundred miles away at most, but going for example ( Chicago to LA ) for $1.65 per mile on average is basically just barely if at all covering the cost to run. I know broker's do it, I seen freight coming out of Colorado for $1.45 or less and lucky to find anything over that, so what do you do? Take a load to kansas or a neighboring state and get $3 and run it for 1k+ miles. Don't settle for long loads paying nothing! If it gets you to another close location to get better rates and covers the expenses to get there fine but hauling 1.75 consistently is not a option, I can live with 2.50 on average, more on average great. Hauling to DC's that make you sit for more than 2 hours and not pay detention is out of the question, to many times at grocery & big box store dc's you sit. I have people to pay and not making enough to pay them is not a option. I believe honest work deserves honest pay, we put our lives in danger every day, we leave our families for days, weeks and some even months to provide and better the lives of the family not to just pay the bill and put enough food on the table to get by. I know I want my kids to go to college if they desire or find a career that makes them happy and provide for their families, not just get by and just keep their nose above water sometimes.

TurkeyCreekJackJohnson Thanks this.
  5. tadpolly1966

Aug 29, 2017
    Well if you want a crack at running expedited auto parts let me know. You pick and bid all your own loads, so you decide what rate the truck moves for. Rates are soft here as well, but even at that you can hit your gross average pretty consistently. When rates are good, well, all I will say for the moment is that your kids will be happy.

TruckerJ78 Thanks this.
  6. TruckerJ78

Feb 18, 2024
    Florida
    Interested, would like more information

7. tadpolly1966

Aug 29, 2017
    I have a couple meetings for the rest of the morning but if you want to call me this afternoon I can go over everything. 330-307-0239

TruckerJ78 Thanks this.
  8. FPTransportLLC

FPTransportLLC Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2024
    Give us a call! 515-249-2475. We’re based in Iowa!

9. aetruckline

aetruckline Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2024
    Good morning! We are looking for O/O. Based in GA. Average $2 per mile trips. Give us a call if interested 912-816-4703

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.