O/O Rates - What is your rate?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by sinistar, Mar 19, 2011.

1. abtrucker

abtrucker Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Alberta
    Are you leased on to a company or are you independent? Your trailer? If your leased on do you get a percentage on those loads?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. p booth

p booth Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2011
    dark side of the moon
    probly some load brokers on here trying too fool the fool ive cot a couple .some have multiple names on diffrent forums . they have nothing better to do i guess.

4. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    I am a broker on the east coast haul dry van, company trailer. Our rate fsc in is at $1.52 ish this week per mile. Company covers it all fuel, Plates, tolls, insurance, border tolls I just have fuel and maintenance to deal with. I was wondering about going indePendant and have a steP deck is anyone independent here? What are the steps in canada to be independent? The US guys all talk about their own authority? Is it the same up here? I've always been a broker and never looked down this road but feel it may be time.
    Thanks!

5. p booth

Oct 21, 2011
    dark side of the moon
    $ 4.00 a mile plus elroy dont run for less. load brokers try to get guys to run for less or try to get you to haul it for what it costs in fuel dont haul for f... all. there a joke i see companys trying to hire 1.23 a mile mite as well park your truck at least you wont were it out . when i stop making a profit i park it when some thing good comes along i put it back on the road

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
    joey8686 Thanks this.
  6. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    Are you an independant? I'm doing pretty good with the deal I have but would like more freedom, whats the process to be an independant in Canada?

7. p booth

Oct 21, 2011
    dark side of the moon
    yes elroy im only running ont thow i was trying to expand to the west when a load broker thought he was going to scoop me .if your doing alright were you are hang in there its expensive to go on your own and you have to wait for your money

8. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    What are the steps ? What do you need to be legal for all canada and us?

9. abtrucker

abtrucker Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Alberta
    A safety fitness certificate. Your own plates and insurance and you are good to go in canada. No authorities needed.

10. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    Can you haul to the US also or do you need Authority then?

11. p booth

Oct 21, 2011
    dark side of the moon
    you need a lot of things .icc number you also need to prorate the truck lic .try checking with one of these companys that do all that for you .off top of my head cant think of one.or you need to apply to each state you wana run .us customs bond to get in the us with a load .ifta .heavy use tax .truck trailer and cargo insurence .cheaper to run canada.and a lot more then ive stated here good luck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.