O/O running own authority

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Redbeard007, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    The op didn't ask about fuel discounts.he ask about how long to get paid.from a broker i use a fleet one fuel card.dont think it brutal that's being a little dramatic

whoopNride Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Factoring company is better than occasionally using quick pay exactly how? Please enlighten me. Factoring company has contracts, you still pay %, if broker/customer doesn't pay they can drawback..etc.etc.etc. rather than quick pay no contracts jump on and off as necessary.

4. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    As for getting paid. Some are c.o.d. most are 30 days or so. Lots have quick pay option. Some are very slow. Some will have you wondering if you will ever be paid. It is a great idea to have a printer/scanner in the truck so you can send pod and invoice soon after delivery. I also carry envelopes and stamps in case they request originals. Plenty of mail boxes all over the place. Also can pay bills by mailing cheques this way. Works well for me.

5. swaggerjacker

swaggerjacker Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2016
    I want to thank you for not just this post, but the many helpful post you've provided on this forum. When I see your avatar, I'm always eager to read your comments. Again, thanks for what you bring to this board.

redoctober83 and gokiddogo Thank this.
  6. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Awww....thanks..... give it time, I'm sure I'll say something to piss you off too sooner or later..lol

7. Redbeard007

Redbeard007 Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Thanks everyone! Its helping me understand the business side of things. I know people who have done lease purchase and lost everything. Worst case i buy my truck n trailer cash ill atleast have a truck to live in lol.

8. Redbeard007

Dec 31, 2016
    I would like to run Nc-tx twice a week. What kinda weekly revune can i expect from this?

9. Eska

Eska Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Going from nc to tx you should expect somewhere around $2 a mile. Sometimes you will see more than that but its better to plan with the minimum. And from tx to nc, this is the part where you ll take the hit. If you find a load around $1.5 a mile, grab it without losing a second otherwise it ll be gone while you are trying to decide.

10. Redbeard007

Dec 31, 2016
    Id just like to be home for my reset if its my truck leaving texas where is a good place to go leaving texas? I wont run NE or florida and if i can help it ill never take my own truck to cali.

11. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    This is not how a businessman thinks. You should run your truck where you can relatively easily make a healthy profit. Choosing the path of least resistance in regards to "where you like to run" and where you can make better money don't always align.

Ruthless, Scott72 and redoctober83 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.