o/o to own authority

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by 2hellandback, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Got reefer?

Got reefer? El Coyote

Jan 9, 2009
    Midland, TX
    300 for authority if you do it yourself.

We got are insurance for 7400 a year with 250,000 cargo and 30,000 trailer exchange and that's with no limitations.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
    RickG Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JasonTheRock

JasonTheRock Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Oakland, Ca.
    Add in 120-150 for random drug testing, plus "service of process" filing which you can get through OOIDA for free if your a member (they also do drug testing).

I would do it asap cause it takes 3-4 weeks to get it. As soon as you complete your application and pay, have your insurance company file the proper papers ASAP.

Also, within seconds after you complete the app and pay you are going to get inundated with phone calls from people soliciting ####. The FMCSA DOES NOT call you after you complete the app., so ignore ALL of the calls that come in.

4. lastgoodusername

lastgoodusername Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    central NC
    4500 a year ins. unlimited mileage(all states)
    3-4 wks as stated before on your authority
    easily done by yourself

5. 2hellandback

2hellandback Heavy Load Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Blackfoot Idaho
    Thats the best rate ive heard of who is your ins through?

3-4 weeks, ####, i though allready having my s corp, ifta, base and appotioned plates would have shortened the 3-4 weeks:biggrin_25513:

6. Tankergirl80

Tankergirl80 GangstaGirl

Jan 7, 2009
    West Texas

Once you file it takes 2-3 business days to put you on the register. Then you have a 10 business day dispute period. Once your dispute period ends it takes 3-6 business days to activate provided you have your insurance on file. However if D.C. is on the ball you could activate sooner. Our last day of our dispute period was Thursday, we were active Friday morning.

7. Wobbles

Wobbles Light Load Member

You also have to register for UCR $39 this year but going up for 2010. That covers 1 truck 1 trailer. You also need to get you permits for KY, NY, NM, OR if you plan to run in those states. Dont forget to tell your state IRP and IFTA folks your new MC and DOT numbers.You will also have to make sure your IRP and IFTA are current showing the states your will operate in.

8. Ducks

Ducks "Token Four-Wheeler"

Jan 1, 2007
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    And in what way is this constructive?

9. lastgoodusername

Dec 18, 2008
    central NC
    you will find that the corporation is a waste of time for a single truck operation . if you are in a law suit and you are driving , they offended party will simply sue the corp and you, the driver. nothing but more paperwork. yes that goes against conv. wisdom you have been told, but contact a lawyer or banker. also the corp won't help anything with the fmcsa.times wasting, get your app in.

10. lastgoodusername

Dec 18, 2008
    central NC
    my ins is with northland. i think one of the better ins companies out there. when i needed a million dollar cargo rider last year they were able to handle it in about 2 days. that says a lot

11. Bigray

Bigray Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Did you get reefer breakdown ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.