O/O's What are your thoughts? Would you use it? How much would you pay?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by starsonwindow, Apr 4, 2013.

1. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Since you will have access to a O/O sensitive information I would require a back ground check on your dime, a credit check as well.

It is not something I would just say yes to have happen and to include you signing a non disclosure agreement.

starsonwindow Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    No, I would not use it. I have enough people in my pocket as it is.

starsonwindow and Lilbit Thank this.
  4. starsonwindow

starsonwindow Medium Load Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I have often thought of doing the fee a week, Charging a flat fee, I am not in this yet, I am just throwing ideas around, I found a person who may put me on with them running Hot Shot freight and then I can see how all of this works, I would be commission only. I am just trying to figure out how to get closer to home and still support my home and family. Thanks for the input.

5. starsonwindow

Feb 2, 2012
    Phoenix, Arizona

I am just gathering thoughts, I will be able to get the non-competes in place, I'm not trying to steal anyones customers, I don't want them I want to help the O/O bring their bottom line up. I sense some flaming but sense you are Admin I should never think that :).

6. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    Several hundred load boards? Really? Have you even searched for your own loads before? There is only one load board....maybe two.

Just think this through. If a carrier....(and it's carriers your after by the way, not O/O's like you've been saying) was to give you MC number and passwords to his load boards then you can log in and book loads under his name, then steal fuel advances. I'm starting to think you are either a scammer or you don't know what you don't know.

Pretty sure you can't look after your kids while you do this either. You have no idea how hard you will be working to keep "5-6 trucks" under the best possible paying freight. I am located in the eastern time zone and I start at 7:30 and finish at 6:00 most days and I am only looking to load one or two trucks. If you work out of a different time zone, good luck. More often than not I will go a few days before I find something that pays enough money. I routinely make 50+ phone calls a day for ONE truck. Will you be tempted to accept a lower paying load because the bus arrives at 3:30? The driver may as well do it himself in that case.

You never answered my earlier question about how this pencils out as a viable business.

No offense, because I'm sure you've got honest intentions but you really need to do some hard analysis here.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  7. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    No, there is no flaming in her post what so ever.....so no, you shouldn't think that.

d o g, volvodriver01, aiwiron and 2 others Thank this.
  8. starsonwindow

Feb 2, 2012
    Phoenix, Arizona

Rank I choose not to get in a urinating contest with you, I'm just doing some thinking, That is all, You are a bit shy yourself there are at least 15 Load Boards that are Pay Per View(I'm sure you know what that is:)) I just think any "Carrier" I'm not dispatching a fleet of trucks just a few Owner Operators(O/O) that have hired me to help them stay running, So I will continue to call them O/O's, And now I am finding that there are the Hot Shot LTL Trucks like the Pick Up Trucks and those types that run the Hot Freight pays much better and if I can run a few of them and keep them moving I will be much better off, No I don't HAVE TO WATCH the kids I want to watch the kids, Their mother makes much more money on any given day then 3 Load Planners or Dispatchers or for that matter O/O's She works as a ICU Perinatal R/N With a specialty in Lactation Consulting.
    (Basically gets the little people to Breast Feed) and I do little, She was working with a set of twins the other days whose mom was 16 and was not ready to have a baby let alone 2)But I am probably hitting on the HIPA polices heart strings now so I better shut up. I often find that there is always a crowd in here ready to jump on anyone that wants to make a difference in their lives and they are often scorned for it, So I will just be a regular Quacking Duck jump in the water and paddle on down the stream and teach my little ducklings to do the same thing, Not to think outside of the box or do anything extra ordinary! Just make your little living doing what you are doing those big pretty shiny trucks that go fast and make loud sounds are for someone else not for the average Joe like myself right? WRONG!!! I have always chased my dreams, I have caught many of them along the way, I have traveled around the world several times, I was not on a carrier(Ship) for Uncle Sam or working for him as a Trooper I was a regular ol'e Joe that wanted to see how the rest of the world operated and that they don't have it as good as we do on a bad day, But I will get back to the subject at hand and that is Dispatching Drivers or O/O's who desire to stay moving rather then wasting their precious time looking for that perfect load, I was just asking for suggestions and not put down because I am making waves in my duck pond, but those come to I realize that, I'm OK with that as well, Because there are those here who think their main purpose in life is to squash out others Dreams and make them think like they think, That there is nothing they can do but the ordinary, But I'm ranting now and need to go to bed so I can get up and take my kids to their Private School where I pay an additional amount so they are not around those that don't want to learn or those that are there because their parents needs someone to baby sit them while they go flip burgers. But Thank You for your in put. I appreciate it.

9. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    Ok thanks for the biography. Not trying to squash your dreams. Just trying to make you understand what you're trying to do is not as easy as you think.....take it from someone that does it. It is not easy finding good paying freight for 5-6 trucks.

BTW,those 15 load boards that you speak of are crap and a waste of time and money. See there I'm helping you.

10. 3GL

3GL Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Might be a dumb question, but if you want to be home more but get paid to find drivers loads. Then why not apply to be a dispatcher and bring home a steady paycheck, since as you say its not about the money ?

Lilbit Thanks this.
  11. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Something else to think about, to be registered on any viable load board you need to be under someones MC number, at least the few I use.

So how will you register to be on the boards, run credit checks and payments without a MC number?

Lilbit Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.