Oakley Transport, Lake Wales FL

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Rollin' On, Nov 15, 2015.

1. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    A day off is an award

Fz1rider and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    WOW!! EXCLAMATION POINTS!! THIS IS SO SUPER AWESOME HAPPY FUN TIME I'M GONNA SOIL MYSELF!!

Layover Pay: We're going to "hold ourselves accountable" by paying you even LESS for when we make you sit!! That'll show us!!

Earned Home Time: We'll graciously allow you to go home. For a little while. If we feel like it. What, you think you're entitled to your own life?

Breakdown Pay: We stop paying you after two days!! This is TOTALLY going to "hold us accountable," it really is!!

Seriously, are they really that stupid or do they think you are? (We all know the answer to that, and that's why I've just crossed Oakley off my list of "If I Were Ever To Leave LTL" companies.)

Ditch Doctor, tow614 and TruckDuo Thank this.
  4. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    I pass the Lake Wells Terminal frequently and can't help notice a lot ( 50 plus) power units sitting in the yard, and just as many tankers.....And they say they are over booked, or is that code for not having enough drivers?

Orangees and TruckDuo Thank this.
  5. Diaper Rash

Diaper Rash Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Hallsville, TX
    Only thing he got wrong was breakdown pay.

Sounds like the fruits of the driver's time is gonna pay for new equipment. Kills me that these companies think drivers are stupid

Awarded home time?? Imagine that LMAO

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
    Fz1rider Thanks this.
  6. Urziel

Urziel Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2013
    I've heard some spin in my life but this has to be top 5 material for sure. Right up there with Arrow Trucking not being in trouble.

Fz1rider Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.