Obesity drug Wegovy cut risk of serious heart problems by 20%

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Chinatown, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. thatsright

thatsright Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2022
    Theres already lawsuits about these “weight loss” drugs. Just seen it on tv. Call this number etc. Maybe cut the high fructose corn syrup out instead of just adding more pills to their diet.

jimbo33, Arctic_fox, Magoo1968 and 3 others Thank this.
  3. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN

And stop allowing lobbyists to make policy in Washington. They always find some crap to take place of real nutrition to cut costs, all to the detriment of the consumer. Chocolate is a prime example. Back when it tasted good, they were using cocoa butter as the emulsifier. Now they use soy and sell all the cocoa butter to pharma.

Arctic_fox Thanks this.
  4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
  5. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Pretty much. Ive been doimg my level best to avoid a lot of those chemical fillers and syrups. I went from gaining weight to starting to lose it. Hardest one was yeeting caffine and soda/energy drinks. Weight more or less froze just from that. Switching from heavily processed food to freeze dried/dried/canned veggys and meats has made the weight start slowly falling off without a huge change in calories averageing around a pound and a half every week or so. Im sure if i cut from 2600 to 2000 calories a day the weight would fall off like crazy.

Whats halarious is when i slip and have some of that crap again even if my calories are lower and activity is the same i GAIN weight.

thatsright Thanks this.
  6. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    IMG_3629.jpeg IMG_3628.png Cuts risks by 20%????

7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    2,000 calories is too much if you want to lose weight. Cut down to 1,800 or less. And walk a mile a day then you'll see weight loss. You'll drop 5 lbs a week once it gets going guaranteed if you stick with it. Your appetite will compensate and get smaller too. You'll realize how much you've been overeating. Cutting out colas, caffeine is really good. Never drink that garbage ever again. You won't miss it after a few months. Cut out the carbs too. No potatoes and no bread. Or at the very least potatoes only a couple of times a month in a small amount. I love potatoes but I don't eat them very often any more, not like I used to. Bread is easy to kick to the curb though.

8. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    You would think so wouldnt you? But i tried the 1800 calorie diet and stuck to it for about 3 to 6 months several diffrent times now and have gotten sick as #### from it each time no matter what combo of diets suppliments or carbs/no carbs ect. Sure id lose weight and often a lot...think my record was 75ish pounds but i ended up weak, having issies even thinking and having issues with pain while moving then always ended up ballooning after a month or two and gaining the weight back like crazy. And no the appetite never got better lol.

Turns out a guy who is part sasquatch tends to need a bit more food then one would figure. Talked to a couple doctors and best we can figure my BMR is around 2400-2800 or so. So we have me at 2600 and its slow steady weight loss without my constantly feeling ill or like i am starving. Big one was getting rid od those #### monsters. They really are incedious, you get the zero cal ones and next thing you know your drinking 2 or 3 a day without realizeing your doing it.

As for exercise. I average around half a mile a day or so. But the big one...Well try shoveling a good 20,000 pounds sometime XD i usually end up in my trailer at least once or twice a week shoveling crap for a couple hours or being forced to use my ladder like 40 or 50 times to get my bows unborked without turning myself into hamburger.

rollin coal and thatsright Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.