Obtaining part numbers from dealer

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Mcast3092, Jan 26, 2022.

1. rogermunn1

rogermunn1 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2017
    NewBrunswick
    If i ever worked in parts sales my objective would have been to give them the part number and ask if they would give me the chance to match or beat the best price they got if i could . Western star quoted me a price of 1600 ish for one particular part , said they would cut me a deal at 1400 , i said i found one on Amazon for 380 bucks , he said thats aftermarket junk though . I ordered it and it came in a genuine Detroit box same numbers stamped on it and all . He was kind of right though in one way . It was still junk . This was before i hauled that wheezing def burning junk out and put my c15 cat in

RedForeman Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    He was right though. It was aftermarket junk. Just because it was fraudulently stamped with Detroit's name, doesn't mean it was a Detroit part. Heck, it might even have been from the plant that makes them, but failed quality control.

But this post is exactly why all sorts of places are getting more and more unwilling to help people. Detroit told you it was junk, you bought it anyway and it was junk, yet you still blame Detroit....

4. rogermunn1

rogermunn1 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2017
    NewBrunswick
    That part worked fine LOL , i meant the whole motor is junk . Has nothing to do with the single part . Its all junk as far as im concerned .
    I just know how frustrating it is getting shafted for price of parts , but its come down to an hour or two on the phone before you actually buy anything

5. msh

msh Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2021
    Los Angeles, CA
    yes. thats what i have. access to dtna resources. you must be registered owner of the truck

roshea Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.