Odd ball stuff seen on the side of the road.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Espressolane, Sep 21, 2018.

1. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    When ever I see a mattress on the side of the road I always get on the cb and let others know. Normally a Schneider or Swift will stop and pick it up.

Jazz1 and 86scotty Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I love this thread.

....So one day I was delivering packages in the country for one of those overnight delivery companies. I come flying around a corner and all of a sudden I see this flash of orange. I jump on the brakes and just as I nearly kill this flagger on the shoulder slowing down traffic for a mowing tractor I realize the dumb ##* is wearing a camouflage winter jumpsuit and flagging traffic......against a backdrop of trees. He was pissed and screaming at me but I was in a hurry so I moved on. I really wanted to stop and remind the idiot that he was standing against a backdrop of trees in a camouflage jumpsuit trying to get traffic's attention.

Feedman, Oldironfan and Joetro Thank this.
  4. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    If you see someone pooping on the shoulder a mile from a truck stop, I would avoid that truckstop

intrepidor, Ruthless and 86scotty Thank this.
  5. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Found a payphone full of coins. Took it home, had a heck of a time breaking into it......about $50 in coin inside.

wore out, tucker and Oldironfan Thank this.
  6. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Found a still usable tire in George, WA Am Best. Sold it to the boss for $100.

7. Swiss Mountain Dog

Swiss Mountain Dog Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Texas
    I once stopped and picked up a very nice western saddle off the highway. Looked new except for road burn. About 10 miles further down the road, there was a girl pulled over at a Historic Marker with a horse trailer. I stopped and she was crying and trying to get the open trailer door to latch.

It had flown open and the saddle just rolled out. I gave her the saddle back and a bungie cord for the latch. Fortunately, there were no horses in that trailer.

Slowmover1, MBAngel, Ruthless and 2 others Thank this.
  8. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    Growing up in North Jersey... we always heard about stuff that ‘fell off the back of a truck’

9. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Heading north in Idaho on 84, a bit off the road was 2 of the plastic kayaks still in the car roof rack. They looked in good shape.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  10. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    And you didn’t wind up marrying her?

11. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Not in Pure Michigan.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.