Offering flatbed service now?!

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by chromewheelz, Oct 3, 2009.

1. chromewheelz

chromewheelz Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    How long as Averitt been offering flatbed svc? I just came across this information but havent seen any pulling flats as of yet but i do see ALOT of averitt trucks here around the house.
    www.averittdrivers.com just thought this was interesting and kinda shocked me somewhat.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I saw one of them a few weeks ago. They got a messed up setup. The headache rack is on the trailer with all the equipment on the rack. So if you are loading and they have to use the whole deck what do you do take everything off the rack? How would you know what you would need to secure? Then what do you do with all the junk you didn't use???:biggrin_2556:

chromewheelz Thanks this.
  4. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    Obviously not very long...

Covenant, US Xpress, Swift, & Werner at one time tried to break into the flatbed side on things. The only 2 that had any success were Swift & Werner.

Averritt will most likely fail at it as well.... You can't pull flatbed freight at 84 cpm very long without taking a drastic loss.

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I know some averitt drivers. They are only doing that in a couple places for some customers they have picked up.

6. chromewheelz

chromewheelz Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    i guess you just throwstuff it in the passenger side floor or top bunk!! HAHA
    :biggrin_2559:

7. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    they are doing it for some customers they already have. they are hauling steel into a local plant here where they already have the outgoing van freight.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.