Oh god! What did I get myself into!

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Skunk_Truck_2590, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconBallz

FalconBallz Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2007
    It's really the only way I could go because I can't afford school out of pocket and I've already been denied on other loans I've applied for. I also lost out on financial aid.

You should try to get some type of government funding career links is a government funded program here in pittsburgh and they sent me through cdl training.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FalconBallz

FalconBallz Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2007
    you should try and get some kind of government fundiing

4. brownbear4007

brownbear4007 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Moreno Valley, Ca.
    Back in December I appraised a condo owned by a man who owns a truck driving school over in Fontana. After I finished the appraisal I went over to his school to collect my appraisal fee. Since my wife suggest we get our CDL's and go team driving I asked him what he thought of Schneider. He gave me a kinda sour look. He suggested Swift or Marten. Is it Marten? I think that's who it was. They are based in Nebraska. The company that has on the back of their blue vans the thing about no more paper logs. Anyway, he said those two companies were the two that he had heard the least negative things about.

Still probably will go with Schneider, probably in September.

dave

5. rangerman1

rangerman1 Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Cheney, Wa
    Ain't that the truth! The SWIFT pre-hire for school financing, etc. deal mentioned is a recruiting/strong arm retention tactic; pure and simple. The "pre-hire" sounds great to a prospective trucker, but in fact means squat! When I started out with em, the deal was that you'd go to the school, and they'd front you the hotel money, which you then had to pay back. Swift DID have a program for repaying the student loan @ $150 a month, but you were'nt obligated to drive for them. Personally, after 6mo's I decided paying the student loan myself was a small price to pay for NOT having to deal with the crap they were shoveling. It may be a good route for you to go as a "foot in the door" strategy. ALOT of us started out with Swift! Inherent in that last is the implication: Few of us STAY with swift.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.